Carpe Diem - Century 21 NYC

englandmj7

Just how heavy were the discounts?

I apologize for not having more info. as I am not a huge C. Diem fan. All I know is that they had a rack with approx. 30 pieces on it in their upstairs section. They had several leather items. In line with the average discounts at Century 21 I am going to give a wild guess and say that they were a minimum of 50% off.

For those of you not horribly familiar with SF, I believe Darkanimal has provided an NYC buying service for members in the past. Surely he might be able to hook you up somehow if you PM him.

i need to go there and i need to go there right now.

and by right now, i mean tomorrow or thursday.

but wait, upstairs? most of the menswear at century

21 is on the ground floor... are you positive, england?

This seems weird to me too. If I remember correctly the 2nd floor men's stuff is mostly heavier coats/suits/sport jackets.

Yep, the one downtown next to ground zero.

i need to go there and i need to go there right now.

and by right now, i mean tomorrow or thursday.

but wait, upstairs? most of the menswear at century

21 is on the ground floor... are you positive, england?

Yep, upstairs. They may have moved it downstairs since then (two days ago) since it was in an awkward spot on that floor (right by the stairs). It is on the floor with the suits/jackets, etc. And yes gents, I am positive it exists.

Someone should call them to ask what they have left, although I doubt the staff will know what the shit C. Diem is. Tell them it is on a rack at the top of the stairs on the right side.

i can't guarantee that i can check it out tomorrow, as i've only got an hour's worth of time between getting out of work at five and a night class, but i will definitely have the chance on thursday. i'll try to keep everyone updated on what's what.

i also make no promises about being able to pick things up for people, but if i can manage, i'll let everyone know.

basically there is nothing there cheaper than $500 anyway. the only cool thing left is a linea top like coldrice bought recently, where you get to cut out your own neckline - that's $169+tax. the rest are really outlandish pieces (which cdiem has plenty of) at very high prices (obviously much cheaper than retail, but still nothing to go crazy for).

I used to go check out C21 during lunch everyday, when I worked at the WTC (or WFC to be exact), they got some pretty weird (and nice) stuff from time to time... heh...

i have never gone there because i hear its such a fucking zoo, but wanted to start going 2-3 times a week for ebay pickups. which stores are the best? i hear way downtown and brooklyn tend to not be so picked over.

i'm especially looking for stone island items as nowhere in manhattan carries it aside from atrium (who only had 2 jackets in size M only).

i have never gone there because i hear its such a fucking zoo, but wanted to start going 2-3 times a week for ebay pickups. which stores are the best? i hear way downtown and brooklyn tend to not be so picked over.

i'm especially looking for stone island items as nowhere in manhattan carries it aside from atrium (who only had 2 jackets in size M only).

what size are you looking for the jackets? i know they have several sizes..

I've only ever seen really ugly SI / CP pieces in Century 21. All the bright orange windbreakers and over washed jeans seem to end up there. There's a store called Camouflage on 8th Ave at 17th that used to stock a few Stone Island jackets and quite a lot of CP Company. Dunno if they still do, but might be worth taking a look. Non-discounted prices though...

As expected, the Carpe Diem stuff at C21 was pretty much garbage. A thin leather overcoat that was missing a few buttons is all that I can really remember, mostly because everything was shoved together on one tiny standalone rack so tightly that you could barely see individual items of clothing.