Recommendations for 'basic' clothing

Guest itsmeJT

anyone know where i can get plain tees in packs of 3? went to uniqlo, but they don't do size smalls which is rather annoying. h&m and topman both don't either

what the? no small at h&m? we get small (sometimes xs too) here in canada. i hope that's not the future. perhaps they think that ALL north americans are super-sized..

I have two Alternative Apparel shirts and I'm not sold on them. The material is, as other have mentioned, really nice and soft, but the cut doesn't really work on me -- it's too boxy, and the sleeves are too short. Also their colors are all a little sickly, and there's something indistinctly retro and bad about the whole brand. Too bad, because the quality really does seem superior to that other brand whose initials are AA. My AA shirts that have miraculously managed to retain their shape after washing (definitely only a few) really fit spot on, and so I keep gambling with new ones, and usually losing.

Muji does white tees in packs of 3. Sized Asian-style, in other words, pretty slim, cheap as hell.

I buy AA and always hate AA. I really can't stand to wear anything polyester against my skin and some of their shit feels nice until I wash it, and then it just makes me itch all over. I recently discovered that I can have tees tailored for $10 a piece so it doesn't really matter what cuts are like, as long as the fabric is prime.

I like Uniqlo for the 4/$10 red socks. I have like 8 pair of red socks and 8 pair of orange socks. I plan on re-inventing myself and moving onto their purple and robin's egg-blue socks.

Margiela basics would kill if I could afford basic tees at $200 and basic knits at $400.

i actually really like american apparel t's, i wish they were cheaper/didnt have to buy wholesale #s/didnt have ot meet someone in a dark alley who, ahem, "finds" stuff at work

im a bigger guy though, XL for me. i have alot of uniqlo stuff, but the length never works out for me (im 5-11, 6 foot on a good day). i actually have a big problem finding shirts/jackets in japan that are japanese brands.

i also tried gap for basics, but they seem to turn into a whole nother peice of clothing after a wash.

American Apparel is such shit quality for a high fucking price, for basic tee's and hoodies. I haven't really messed witht heir other stuff, I have a V neck sweater and cardigan from them are those are fairly nice.

H&M had some plain t's in assorted colors and they were some in a small. But maybe its just here in San Francisco?

Gap has some really nice basic's, their material is so soft and when you wash it over and over again it doesn't really shrink or the material doesn't get bad like most cotton basics. I just think their sizing is a bit odd sometimes.