man handbag

parish

hi guys

i'm looking for a man handbag to carry things like wallet, moleskine, ipod, cellphone blah blah blah...but i'm not looking for the usual messenger bag. what i want is an handbag, a purse...don't really know how to explain...something usually worn by women however, to put on the shoulder...i've seen some guys walking around in milan or london with one of those, mostly japanese men i have to say...so if you have some advice please give! i really need it...cheers everybody!

personally i think its excessive and silly. and it's called a purse, not a 'manbag' or whatever halfway masculine name you want to give it to justify you carrying one around. purse.

while you are at it, you should get that chain wallet in the picture too.

Don't shit up this thread.

My apologies. I figured dissent was fair game in a public forum such as this. I guess the chain wallet comment was where I crossed the line, huh?

No, every time we have a bag thread it devolves into a "omg bags are SO GAY! Haha fag!" type of thing and it gets pretty old.

If you don't like bags and have an alternative suggestion, that's cool. Post it. But the "carrying bags is not masculine" thing has been done to death so let's just move on.

Something about that balenciaga, if rajio is correct on that, looks a little feminine to me. Keep in mind, I'm a fan of the man-purse, but something about the combination of leather, extra straps, and bonus buckles is throwing it off. I don't know what it is, it just is leaning slightly more on the purse side of the "man purse" equation.

Jas MB (Straight-up jacked from Coldrice)

MB1005L.gifp

MB1018L.jpg

thanx alot, some of them are really nice...but i still can't find something that makes my eyes shine. my first choice was freitag: some of their bags come in wonderful colours and all of them are hand made and one-off...what do you think? maybe too kitsch?

lemons i only have 4 (sometimes tight) pockets and one 30g ipod, one big wallet, one cellphone, one moleskine, mint candies, keys, cigs, would like to carry on a digital camera, frames and god knows what else...i could hang all this stuff all over my body but i don't think it would look very good. that's why i love cargo pants but i also love to change my look...

moreover, as i said before i've seen some guys walking round with purses and they look really nice. i think when you say they're too girlish you say it with a very closed mind. i guess 8 years ago you thought pink t-shirts were too girlish...if something looks good...what a difference does it make? it's just a state of mind imho...

cheers

there is a place in hayes valley in sf that sell the freitag bags, they look ok in person but they smell really really bad! :)

I've been using a Tumi "body flap bag", it's not the most stylish thing or anything but it's very practical...

top bag is hobo burberry i googled it but couldnt getany more pics?Im just really liking the shape of both of those bags they still feel masculin although id want them in a dark brown or black leather i think rather than the patent that burberry seems to be,and the lv i think is pony skin.looks great though