Japanese thread

so-so

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He means the Calorie Mate commercial. Well, the line was in there, but Chicken may just be speaking personal opinion.

Thanks. Fucking Japanese confuses me like mad. I'm studying almost every day now since I'm moving there soon and I want to understand at least 5% of the shit peoplea re talking about me.

i think the girls in the calorie mate commercial are first saying, "natsu wa zerii dayone."

japanese people call jello and many gelatinous stuff zerii. i'm suspecting that calorie mate drink to have gelatinous chunks in them.

which part of japan are you moving to whiskey?

i think the girls in the calorie mate commercial are first saying, "natsu wa zerii dayone."

japanese people call jello and many gelatinous stuff zerii. i'm suspecting that calorie mate drink to have gelatinous chunks in them.

which part of japan are you moving to whiskey?

Osaka is my first choice (friends there), but Nara and Kobe are 2nd and 3rd choices. I'm looking for a job starting tomorrow.

Because of my connections I am all but guaranteed a job in Tokyo if I want, and definitely guaranteed one in (sp?) Gotenba, but since my friends are in the Kansai area, that's a higher priority, and because I hear it's just way too easy to get by speaking English in Tokyo. I want to be fully immersed.

even though i'm from tokyo, i must admit the kansai region is great. it's got more history, better food and tougher attitudes. you could always just hop on a bullet train for a visit to tokyo. the only problem might be that you might learn the kansai japanese which will make you sound more like a gangsta or a comedian. for some reason, most of the gangstas and comedians come from the kansai region.

I hear it's just way too easy to get by speaking English in Tokyo. I want to be fully immersed.

Huh? Where did you hear this? I guess if you're conversations are just basic "Where is the bathroom?" / "How much money is this?" then maybe, but you can't carry on a decent conversation w/ 99% of the people in Tokyo in English.

even though i'm from tokyo, i must admit the kansai region is great. it's got more history, better food and tougher attitudes. you could always just hop on a bullet train for a visit to tokyo. the only problem might be that you might learn the kansai japanese which will make you sound more like a gangsta or a comedian. for some reason, most of the gangstas and comedians come from the kansai region.

Yeah, Kantou/Tokyo people tend to look down on Kansai people as somehow backwards/boondock/hill-billies for some reason. Lots of my collegues like to make base comments on how Kansai people aren't sophisticated, etc.

Guest jmatsu
Yeah, Kantou/Tokyo people tend to look down on Kansai people as somehow backwards/boondock/hill-billies for some reason. Lots of my collegues like to make base comments on how Kansai people aren't sophisticated, etc.

are you talking about me?

nah, it's probably just the people who aren't really from tokyo who have this weird superiority complex.

are you talking about me?

nah, it's probably just the people who aren't really from tokyo who have this weird superiority complex.

Haha, no. My co-workers for example. Also my ex-gf used to talk a lot of shit about Kobe people; that and Koreans.

Guest jmatsu
Haha, no. My co-workers for example. Also my ex-gf used to talk a lot of shit about Kobe people; that and Koreans.

i don't like people from toyama, but i like their water.

i tend to think the kanto people pretty much are just ignorant about other people and don't really care because they feel like they are the standard. and that attitude pisses off everybody else in the country. probably because of this, the kansai people act like they look down on kanto people.

Guest jmatsu
i tend to think the kanto people pretty much are just ignorant about other people and don't really care because they feel like they are the standard. and that attitude pisses off everybody else in the country. probably because of this, the kansai people act like they look down on kanto people.

every kansai person i know, or have met living in tokyo have told me that they never want to go back. anyway you're right about alot of people being ignorant, but there's mad people trying to rep tokyo who aren't even really b.a.r.

Yeah I see that. I think I problem I have w/ Kansai area, especially when I was studying there is that, you get so used to speak in the Kansai dialect and basically start to ignore some standard conventions of Japanese language. Then when I started working in Tokyo, I got a lot of heat at work because you need to speak international business level Japanese and I was just so used to using Kansai-ben. I guess it was just my own ignorance as a stupid foreigner.:rolleyes:

、ワシントン大学のビリーです。専門はまだ決めてないんですが、もしかして日本語と言語学にします。僕は 来年の春から留学生として渋谷の青山学院大学(これから青学だけで呼ぶ)で勉強するつもりです。趣味はね、 当然にファションでしょう。そして、いろんなスポーツ部にもやったことがあるんですけど、今は勉強で結構忙 しくて、時間は足りないという感じがしています。そういっても、実際はただやるきがなくなってきただけです !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #@$@#!$!@#$#@!$#@$@!#$#@$#@$#@$#@!$$^*&^%*&^%$%^#@$

、ワシントン大学のビリーです。専門はまだ決めてないんですが、もしかして日本語と言語学にします。僕は 来年の春から留学生として渋谷の青山学院大学(これから青学だけで呼ぶ)で勉強するつもりです。趣味はね、 当然にファションでしょう。そして、いろんなスポーツ部にもやったことがあるんですけど、今は勉強で結構忙 しくて、時間は足りないという感じがしています。そういっても、実際はただやるきがなくなってきただけです !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #@$@#!$!@#$#@!$#@$@!#$#@$#@$#@$#@!$$^*&^%*&^%$%^#@$

お兄さん、なかなかやるね〜。

今u-dubですか。

jlistを見たことありますか?

白人の社長なんですが日本語もものすごく上手いですよ。

勉強がんばってください。

そんなカワイくは無いんじゃないかな。

単に飢えてるだけwwwwwwwwww

日本に帰ると女の子の顔面偏差値の平均が高くて

結構おどろく。っていうか、ブスの割合が他の国と比べて

比較的低いと思う。

化粧が上手いから?

いや、でも平均体重かそれ以下の子が比較的多いいのもあるんじゃない?

うん、カワイイってというか全般的に体重のも重要な点なんだけど、でも「顔」と比べるといっぱいブスの日本の子でもいるのは認めざるを得ないのですが…

chickenさん

引用したのがsoranaamじゃなくて、俺が書いたもんっすよ。

わざわざ返事してくれてありがたいんだけど、約一年間が経ってそうゆうのはもう解決済みなんです。日本に来てから半年ぐらい。んで、どれぐらい上達したかって自己評価するのがメッチャ難しいもんだけど能力かなりアップされた気がします。ってゆうわけでこのスレそのものを見てちょっと恥ずかしい気持ちになるの。タイトルでも最初の自己紹介でも間違いだらけだかんね。

ちなみにタイトル変更できるのかな。俺が書いたとものすんげー恥ずかしい。

てか、この留学で一つのこと確実にわかってきた。日本で仕事する気がないってことだよ、個人的に。ついでに、Chickenさん今NYでしょう?卒業したらNYに住んでみようかなって思ってるんだけど、せっかく習った日本語を完全に捨てちまうのもすごいもったいないだからできればNYとかで日本語を生かせる仕事つけたいです。まぁ、別にすぐ見つけないとってわけじゃないけどね、まだ三年生になったばっかりだし、時間よ〜〜〜ゆう。

本日の報告、以上です。

うん、カワイイってというか全般的に体重のも重要な点なんだけど、でも「顔」と比べるといっぱいブスの日本の子でもいるのは認めざるを得ないのですが…

ま、そう言われるとまあどこへ行ってもそうだろうね。

chickenさん

引用したのがsoranaamじゃなくて、俺が書いたもんっすよ。

わざわざ返事してくれてありがたいんだけど、約一年間が経ってそうゆうのはもう解決済みなんです。日本に来てから半年ぐらい。んで、どれぐらい上達したかって自己評価するのがメッチャ難しいもんだけど能力かなりアップされた気がします。ってゆうわけでこのスレそのものを見てちょっと恥ずかしい気持ちになるの。タイトルでも最初の自己紹介でも間違いだらけだかんね。

ちなみにタイトル変更できるのかな。俺が書いたとものすんげー恥ずかしい。

本日の報告、以上です。

あ、どっかで読んだことがあると思ったらso-soさんの書き込みでしたね?

タイトルがちょっと間違ってるのがかえって面白いと思うけど、modに頼めば直してくれるんじゃないの?

ビリーさん元気そうでなにより。

日本語がんばってください。