Bicyclettes

canice

I have a fluid trainer. Better then rollers. Rollers are really just meant for working on your spining. The good thing about the trainer is u don't have to worry about failing over and the bad thing is u can't pedal out of the saddle so u feeling like you're on a lifecycle.

thanks man. I like rollers, but you're right, they don't help balance if you've ridden a bike for longer than 2 years, and they're not good if you want to just spin a bit to keep the legs fresh while watching a movie or something.

I think it's going to be perfect, i don't need it for crazy training or anything, just for rainy days/nights in front of the tv and hot summer days to spin a bit in AC. I've lost 100 lbs so far, i'm trying to loose the last 15 and it's really starting to suck, so i figure every bit counts.

fuck that, it's his bike, I think it's pretty stupid when people make comments about frame/component synthesis. It's about as legit as brand synthesis. if it looks good, it looks good (but for bikes, if it's made well, well, you get the idea...seulement tout le monde)

To me it's like posting a pic of yourself in a beautifully tailored suit and some natty ass skate shoes in WAYWT, and if someone did that I'm sure they'd get called out on it.

Not to sound like a douche, but I'm very interested in fixed gear/roadser bikes and am considering getting one to bike to school/other places.

Any suggestions on entry level setups/brands to look into?

I'm sorry, but I have no prior knowledge of bikes other than a little about BMX bikes because I used to flatland for a while :(

i'd say get something prebuilt. the schwinn madison is a really nice option, comes with both brakes so you can take one/both off when you're ready. You can get a pista or something too, but I think the madison is the best quality/money ratio for fixed gears that will get you more commuter geometry and standard road bike options.

i've also heard good things about the redline one, but it's higher priced.

you could get a kilo tt and a front brake too, but that'll put you farther over the bars and is more aggressive than a commuter/roadster bike.

deus.

that 3rensho is gorgeous.

i always wanted a white 3rensho frame ... but no luck yet.

finish that shit.

yeah.

i'm a bicycle snob ... and a dick in general arguably ...

this thread has some ugly bikes and some pretty bikes ... former more than latter.

... but bikes are personal things so i won't say much ...

enough people hate my bikes ... so whatever ... i won't add to the bullshit.

there is enough pretension in this world anyways.

more importantly ?

ride well and have fun.

Not to sound like a douche, but I'm very interested in fixed gear/roadser bikes and am considering getting one to bike to school/other places.

Any suggestions on entry level setups/brands to look into?

I'm sorry, but I have no prior knowledge of bikes other than a little about BMX bikes because I used to flatland for a while :(

Most of the pre-built bikes are around $500, have similar components and differently shaped frames. I picked up a Redline 925 a year and a half ago, and it's served me well for, oh, something like 6000 miles without any trouble. Just pick the one that suits your frame the best.

fuck that, it's his bike, I think it's pretty stupid when people make comments about frame/component synthesis. It's about as legit as brand synthesis. if it looks good, it looks good (but for bikes, if it's made well, well, you get the idea...seulement tout le monde)

yeah. if it looks good, it looks good, but a lot of the time its looking bad.

That is pretty cool looking.

My friend got a Sledgehammer, Volume's 26" offering. Immediately regretted it! BMX companies don't know how to back off a peg on the overbuilding for 26" wheels, which absorb more impact than a 20" wheel, not that you'd be able to make them take the same impacts.

IMO, Redline's Monocog or some other pre-built 26" SS rig might be a better starting point, and then swap bars and whatever after that.

Sold this (which i built..):

dsc05369_copy0_lg.jpg

To buy this..

Only 750 made.

I was not allowed to buy another bike before i sold one, which is probably a good idea once you've filled a room with BMX bikes you don't ride.

3641-8228-full-pkriploop-190.jpg

^^doesnt jeremy ride that?

Nah, the one he had was a Skyway.

Hey all',

Just wondering if anyone here from the state can post me some MASH and Cadence stickers to Hong Kong or Sydney?? Also other random stickers u guys can find.

Cheers,

Dub.

PS: I will pay for postage or help anyone who need things from sydney or hk for this 2 weeeeks.

Hey all',

Just wondering if anyone here from the state can post me some MASH and Cadence stickers to Hong Kong or Sydney?? Also other random stickers u guys can find.

Cheers,

Dub.

PS: I will pay for postage or help anyone who need things from sydney or hk for this 2 weeeeks.

i bet if you email cadence and mash and tell them you're going around in areas where they don't currently have promo, they'd send some out.

i bet if you email cadence and mash and tell them you're going around in areas where they don't currently have promo, they'd send some out.

Emailed them last week...still havent get a reply. So I am asking the sf'er :D

I will try email them again....see how goes it.

Riding in HK is hectic and scary...