Bicyclettes

canice

are you alright? are you getting any compensation?

im ok my bike is actually totalled. and the driver is refusing to give me his insurance information and wont pay me for the bike. he also sent me a email telling me to "fuck off"

i have his name and plates so i reported him to the police and the dmv. hes not the owner of the car, its his parents' and im sure they will comply unlike their asshole son.

hey i really want to get a fixed gear. i want to buy a full bike a switch out parts. is this a good buy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370028140447&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Probably not. He painted over the drive side BB cup, which isn't a good sign. The cheapo paint job + it's in California makes me bet this thing came from Dustin's shop in Orange County, known for putting out shitty bikes with JB welded cogs and no lockrings.

edit: What the hell, it has ONE brake lever in a fucking bizarre position and no brakes!

edit2: Folks on LAfixed seem to think it's not a "bike by Dustin" but it still looks sketchy.

My friend was hit and after arguing with the insurance for a few months, he received nothing. The drivers insurance said that it was his fault. He said that you really need to call the police/ambulance if you get in an accident to cover yourself in the end...

2309867099_943e552c03.jpg

New to me:

2001 Pista.

PLEASE get a different fork. Those are so fucking ugly. And a new stem. kthx.
hey i really want to get a fixed gear. i want to buy a full bike a switch out parts. is this a good buy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370028140447&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

No, that bike sucks. I wouldn't trust anyone who puts a brake lever in that position, and no fucking brake calipers.

my all-white (hub/spokes/rim/nips/tire) front wheel build feat. on hkfixed:

http://hkfixed.blogspot.com/2008/03/all-white-build.html

IMG_0004.JPG

pics of the full build shortly.

That's fucking awesome.

hamburglar: Sorry bout your bike, that REALLY sucks :(

sorry bout your bike.. but didn't you get his license plate? how's it still a hit and run?

because he refused to give me is insurance information and he gave me a false name the police are calling it a hit and run until he gives up his information.

and i just found out the car is insured with usaa which is military insurace. we talked to the rep today and i showed them the messages he sent me and the police report and they were not happy. he will prob be droped from his insurace.

if he had paid for my bike like he said he would then none of this would have happened. he really thought he could dick me around until i just gave up. he also sent me this....

"Hey look i just talked to my lawyer so listen carefully. you know what i would pay for your wheel but you know in the end i didnt hit you you hit me on the side and regardless of the situation that simply comes down to it and there was no police report that night so you dont have proof of what damage exactly was caused if any or what even happened so im not legally and financially binded to anything so dont go dictatin any terms. and with accident cases, and i have delt with this shit before so im not stupid, but your not allowed to just arbitrarily choose the shop and give me a price to pay man thats not how shit works even with insurance involved. And also you dont have any of my info, the cars info or my insurance info and i literally dont have to give it to you at all and everything that happened that night is heresay cuz i have a witness as well so you know what i dont even have to pay for shit. so take the 200 or leave it cuz i was tryin to listen to you and help you out cuz i feel for you but im through with this cuz i quite frankly am annoyed at the fact that your tryin to push me around. "

he crossed a double yellow line into a drive way and i rolled onto his hood. But because i reported it to the police and they are listing it as a hit and run so hes at fault. and the fact that im on a fucking bicycle and if i get hit i die and if he gets hit he gets a dent.

i took the bike to 3 shops all said that it was unsafe because the chain stay is cracked. one of those shops was performance bikes which is a fuji dealer and they said that they would destroy the bike if i gave it to them.

the shop but the bike replacement at 1220 the msrp for a new fuji

and 150 to fix the aerospoke

280 for the cranks

and 220 for shop time.

performances quote was 2000

nothing. what can i do? i can just tape it up and bam! it's gone, homie!

you can have it for a discount though. i'm liking my pista right now. there's still something loose on the bike, but i haven't taken it to the LBS. i'm sure you can fix it, though. idk... let me know!

He will not win. Its the bay area, bicycles and pedestrians have priority over cars. I remember walking across the street in SF, dude cuts me off so I slap his rear window open palmed. He skids to a stop in the middle of the intersection, gets out of his car and tackles me. Three huge men come over and pull the dude off to the side and I walk off and look behind me and the dudes are yelling at him and look as if they were going to kill the man. As I am walking back to work, a motorcycle police officer pulls up to the scene. Fuck motorists.

I was looking to get some risers and was wondering where the best place online would be to get them in a 26 diameter, preferably silver ones? As well when I was in New York last week I noticed alot of the messengers had back packs that were just a simple top load with what looked like a draw string at the top. I didn't recognize them at all any idea what they would be? Thanks

Probably not. He painted over the drive side BB cup, which isn't a good sign. The cheapo paint job + it's in California makes me bet this thing came from Dustin's shop in Orange County, known for putting out shitty bikes with JB welded cogs and no lockrings.

edit: What the hell, it has ONE brake lever in a fucking bizarre position and no brakes!

edit2: Folks on LAfixed seem to think it's not a "bike by Dustin" but it still looks sketchy.

thanks for the help. ugh i want to get a fixed gear but I have no idea where to start! i could build my own, but i dont know what parts work good together and i dont even know what all i need.

an ACL is a ligament in your knee that when u tear makes it super easy to dislocate ur femur and shin

the surgery was the most painful thing i have ever had to go thru in my life, now i have 2 metal screws in my knee and 2 months to go for a supposed "full recovery" although i cant even run yet and i can barely jog and barely jump, i hope it gets better tho :(

as for scars lol, i have a huge one right under my knee cap where they took a graft from my patellar tendon in order to replace the ripped ACL in my knee :( i guess its kinda cool idk lol

Don't start to ride fix with a fucked ACL, my oppinion.