Bicyclettes

canice

justify it's ugliness by reminding everyone that it is the "most comfortable saddle i've ever ridden, dude!"
Yeah that's too much maintanence for me, bra. I have a hard as it is lubing my chain on time, lol.

Haven't run across too many people that think Brooks saddles are ugly, and even if the were, I definitely feel like it being the most comfortable (and in turn, functional as per its job description) saddle for a particular person makes any potential "ugliness" more than justifiable.

Apparently, bra, you also have a hard (time) writing complete sentences...which makes the whole "spending a minute and a half every three months is enough to scare me away from trying something new (and potentially better)" mentality.

Have fun with your foam ass-hatchets.

I don't think they're ugly, but they look really out of place on a lot of frames. They look right on lugged steel frames, but on such as a Concept they look really out of place.

exactly. they belong on a rivendale with fenders, nothing else. They are ugly as shit, this is fashion forum, not a function forum.

And yes, I have owned one.

exactly. they belong on a rivendale with fenders, nothing else. They are ugly as shit, this is fashion forum, not a function forum.

And yes, I have owned one.

If by a rivendell with fenders, you mean, any classy looking steel bike, you would be right. I see how a brooks saddle could definitely clash a little bit with your fashionable stickering of your frames. Don't make the "fashion forum" argument, especially pertaining to bikes...especially in a place where there is a huge following for products that evolve over time and develop a patina...take a wild guess at whether the majority would prefer the aesthetics of a Brooks vs. a Fizik

i'm probably putting a swallow on the concept i currently have at the anodizer.

You are having the concept anodized? I'm not sure i have seen that...what color?

Haven't run across too many people that think Brooks saddles are ugly, and even if the were, I definitely feel like it being the most comfortable (and in turn, functional as per its job description) saddle for a particular person makes any potential "ugliness" more than justifiable.

Apparently, bra, you also have a hard (time) writing complete sentences...which makes the whole "spending a minute and a half every three months is enough to scare me away from trying something new (and potentially better)" mentality.

Have fun with your foam ass-hatchets.

Well I've ridden a B-17 and it rubs my thighs the wrong way.

And no, I don't want to chop it and no I will not pay the obscene price for the Swallow.

Well I've ridden a B-17 and it rubs my thighs the wrong way.

And no, I don't want to chop it and no I will not pay the obscene price for the Swallow.

Swallow prices are obscene nowadays...I got my swift before the prices went up and for a steep discount because I was having a new frame built up. I didn't mean to come across like the Brooks-nazi...your typo was too good to pass up, plus Turbos are pretty cool themselves, and are pretty good looking themselves.

a Fizik

that's me.

I'm sorry dude, but even on a supersimple steel track bike, a brooks still look out of place. If you need over the top comfort, then rock a regal. I never even found turbos that cozy.

post come pics and prove me wrong if you wish. I'm sure there is at least ONE bike out there that looks good with a brooks that isn't all books-handlebar-taped up with panniers.

but seriously, it's your bike and you have to ride it, for christsake my current whip is a conversion, so i really don't have any clout.

that's me.

I'm sorry dude, but even on a supersimple steel track bike, a brooks still look out of place. If you need over the top comfort, then rock a regal. I never even found turbos that cozy.

post come pics and prove me wrong if you wish. I'm sure there is at least ONE bike out there that looks good with a brooks that isn't all books-handlebar-taped up with panniers.

but seriously, it's your bike and you have to ride it, for christsake my current whip is a conversion, so i really don't have any clout.

There are plenty of bikes out there w/ a Brooks and look great, mine Paddy Wagon just will not work with it.

I'm at work til 2pm and I get pretty bored, maybe I'll take the time to go find some pics.

Bad day today....had a very nice ride on a Thursday Afternoon, skid down the hill. Suddently my lockring poped out. Lucky I stop in time. Stripped my lockring threads on my favourite superb pro hubs, fortunately the cog threads still excellent.

Time for some MTB cogs.

PS: Damn depressing seeing a dead Superb Pro hubs.

Bad day today....had a very nice ride on a Thursday Afternoon, skid down the hill. Suddently my lockring poped out. Lucky I stop in time. Stripped my lockring threads on my favourite superb pro hubs, fortunately the cog threads still excellent.

Time for some MTB cogs.

PS: Damn depressing seeing a dead Superb Pro hubs.

that sucks bro :(

last night riding out to do a lil bit of shopping and the lib, before the eclipse, some fucker decided to turn into a parking garage without showing any turn signals, nearly nailed me from the side. i managed to hop the curb but my front wheel got stuck so my bike flipped out from underneath me but i managed to jump off it and both my bike and i are okay, minus a new scratch on my goldfinger.

i was going to kick in his door but decided it wasn't worth it so i just rode off.

i have 2 brooks (b17 and b17 special) that I trimmed down because I had the same problems as you Knucks, and it solved the problem. Most comfy seats i've ever owned now, hopefully they'll last. I think they look pretty good on bikes that are built up classically/ not with carbon fiber and matching cotton candy colored rims.

I do agree that untrimmed brooks are pretty hideous on anything, though. beautiful seat, just way too bulky.

that sucks bro :(

last night riding out to do a lil bit of shopping and the lib, before the eclipse, some fucker decided to turn into a parking garage without showing any turn signals, nearly nailed me from the side. i managed to hop the curb but my front wheel got stuck so my bike flipped out from underneath me but i managed to jump off it and both my bike and i are okay, minus a new scratch on my goldfinger.

i was going to kick in his door but decided it wasn't worth it so i just rode off.

pussy. should have u-locked him.

I'm not going to argue with people that have never used a torque wrench and compare a mechanical bond with a liquid friction bond but I'll put it this way: if you attach your cog with 700-lbs of torque, and the most torque your crank to wheel can generate is perhaps 200-lbs., (your crank to cog is at roughly a 3-to-1 mechanical disadvantage, depending on gear ratio) you have actually a zero chance of the cog ever unscrewing... That 500 lbs. of torque difference is actually exponential, so it is roughly five to seven times stronger than it needs to be before it will unscrew. Helps to have friends in Engineering.

I'm assuming you're going back to the suicide hub discussion.

You might have friends in Engineering, but I've got a degree in common sense. And high on the syllabus was why it's not good to trust your life to Bostick.

Your engineering chums wanna run suicide hubs and have convinced you they're safe, great. But don't send the message to people new to the game that it's an acceptable way to ride fixed.

i have 2 brooks (b17 and b17 special) that I trimmed down because I had the same problems as you Knucks, and it solved the problem. Most comfy seats i've ever owned now, hopefully they'll last. I think they look pretty good on bikes that are built up classically/ not with carbon fiber and matching cotton candy colored rims.

I do agree that untrimmed brooks are pretty hideous on anything, though. beautiful seat, just way too bulky.

Post some pics, I'm just curious.

I built up my Kona last night. I'm soo excited. For once my chainline is fucking straight and silent OMG. I'm a little disappointed the weather is still shit, but I did take it for a ride this morning to work. I need to get new clips as the standard MKS ones SUCK w/ the GR-9 pedals. Can anyone suggest something better? I may just need to get smaller ones (currently have the large).

Post some pics, I'm just curious.

I built up my Kona last night. I'm soo excited. For once my chainline is fucking straight and silent OMG. I'm a little disappointed the weather is still shit, but I did take it for a ride this morning to work. I need to get new clips as the standard MKS ones SUCK w/ the GR-9 pedals. Can anyone suggest something better? I may just need to get smaller ones (currently have the large).

what sucks about them?

what size shoe do you wear?

I think MKS clips are the best and I have tried them all.

I think gr-9 suck my feet always slip out of them.

maybe its your straps.

what sucks about them?

what size shoe do you wear?

I think MKS clips are the best and I have tried them all.

I think gr-9 suck my feet always slip out of them.

maybe its your straps.

Well I think that because the GR-9s are "deeper" than the MKS Sylvans, my feet need to go in a lot deeper than before. I think I need some size S clips instead of the L I currently have..