Bicyclettes

canice

youre missing the point. i'ev stated that i am aware of its popularity, i AM going to continue to ride regardless of what anyone says/thinks. i simply wanted to know if the "culture" is as huge as my friend made it out to be...at least in SF.

In some parts, I'd figure it to be quite big. When I was in Philly, nearly every bike on the street was fixed/SS. In NYC I did not notice it as much.

Here in Ann Arbor it's not that big. There's a select few that ride fixed but it's very uncommon, still it's fun to notice a fixie around here cuz of that.

Okay, so I basically do not know anything about bikes except how to ride one without falling off. I came across this bike by http://www.jorgandolif.com/. Is this bike any good and worth the price tag? I'm currently looking to get a bike and not sure of what I should be looking for. Any comments would be helpful.

If you like that kind of bike, sure? I know nothing about that builder, but it does look nifty

I live in a small town in NY. Mount Kisco. So far I've only met one other fixed rider, and he was a douche that bought a steamroller cause it looked cool and had no idea what he was doing. He couldn't even stop and he asked me to teach him to wheelie.. But in NYC it's not too bad. There's way more geared bikes than fixies.

youre missing the point. i'ev stated that i am aware of its popularity, i AM going to continue to ride regardless of what anyone says/thinks. i simply wanted to know if the "culture" is as huge as my friend made it out to be...at least in SF.

its pretty big in SF, i mean HUF made a rim... i saw at less 2 fixed gears a hour when i was out there, but who cares. its still kinda low key in LA but its there.

Its still subculture though.... its no where near as big as sneakers

At around what time do 08 refresh bikes from major dealers start to be sold, I would like too get a pista but the current chrome one is not a sesnible purchase, looking like that will get it nicked in a few minutes in london :(. I'm looking at other options but everything else is more expensive...

At around what time do 08 refresh bikes from major dealers start to be sold, I would like too get a pista but the current chrome one is not a sesnible purchase, looking like that will get it nicked in a few minutes in london :(. I'm looking at other options but everything else is more expensive...

actually the chrome is actually less maintenance for me at less. its really unnoticable. only because theres no paint to chip. but its all peferrence i guess.

does it really matter if it's trendy or not? who cares, if you want to ride fixed, do it. the ones wilding out about it being trendy are the trendy.

can i get a amen?!

its pretty big in SF, i mean HUF made a rim... i saw at less 2 fixed gears a hour when i was out there, but who cares. its still kinda low key in LA but its there.

Its still subculture though.... its no where near as big as sneakers

HUF didn't make a rim...

They did a collaboration with Fatlace for HUFquake and it's a Velocity Deep V sticker.

I am building another bike currently looking for a set of wheels, thinking of lacing a 36 spokes velocity deep v at the back and Zipp 404 at the front. Do u guys hate unmatch front and rear wheels??

I don't understand why you used a Deep V; they are heavy and their profile isn't particularly good. If a Zipp falls in your budget range you should be able to afford better.

I don't understand why you used a Deep V; they are heavy and their profile isn't particularly good. If a Zipp falls in your budget range you should be able to afford better.

Cause i am lucky bastard who picked up a ZIPP 404 front wheel for 80 bucks. ;)

I use velocity deep v for the bling.

i like deep v's there great wheels for the price. If your a urban rider theyre even better. withstands alot of the beating downtown and streets in general gives you. Strong rim (also makes it heavier, not by to much). What color deep v's are you going to use? i was thinking about getting some white ones on my chrome to add contrast to the black i have on my bike.

i like deep v's there great wheels for the price. If your a urban rider theyre even better. withstands alot of the beating downtown and streets in general gives you. Strong rim (also makes it heavier, not by to much). What color deep v's are you going to use? i was thinking about getting some white ones on my chrome to add contrast to the black i have on my bike.

My mate is runnning deep Vs at the moment, he goes down the stairs since he used to be MTB rider. He basically trash his bike where ever he goes.

I am looking for either white or black depends on my frames colour. Any suggestion on colours???

depends on your frame colour really i just like how the white looks on black tires, or white and red. Black on black is pretty damn sexy also if you have celeste green or some wild color. But on the litter colors it kinda looks like you have MTN bike wheels, which i dont like much. but to each his own.