Bicyclettes

canice

dont know shit about bikes, so im just gonna ask: why are fixies that much faster than BMX? or is that just you?

Well, while the gearing of a fixed gear is often very similar to that of a BMX bike, the larger wheels get you further-per-pedal. The stance of a road bike is also better for riding longer distances.

Anyone know where to get multi-colored tape like in this picture:

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2007/july/1/RobertFord.htm#top

Did he just braid to different types? I know they sell multi-colored tape but not like that. Also, anyone know how to re-paint a frame?

Instructions : http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/articles/diamondweave/

OH SHIT JERMY! YOU ME AND TIFF CAN RIDE!

I'LL SCARE THE FUCK OUTTA HER!!!

^ That's terrible :( . RIP.

Got hit 2 weeks ago, dude ran the stop sign and clipped me. Threw me off my bike and landed on my hip. Been a little nervous riding around and even more cautious now. Picked up a trainer as a substitute for riding on the street. Shit sux.

Shit holmes. How bad was the hit? Battle scars?

From my personal experience, from getting hit two times. Both VERY painful.

I'll give you guys some secrets... I guess...

1) Getting hit by a car sucks. Whether youre on a bike, walking, getting hit from the front, back, side... Whichever. It sucks.

2) Dont be scared. It makes your senses that more sensitive. And actually will make you a better rider.

3) SUE THE BITCH!

4) I forgot wat I was gonna say. Im hungry.

Stunt - Shit happened so quick, never been hit before. Got bruised and scratched up. Luckily, nothing permanent. I'm fucking lucky though, makes me want to start wearing a helmet. Too bad my bike got a bit banged up but it's all good.

ML - we still have to get up and ride when you get the chance.

Be safe all.

Can you just re-paint your chain after cleaning it with metal chain? http://www.w-base.com/mt/how_to_custom/images/color-chain-craizy.jpg

These people colored their chain it looks sick.

you can buy colored chains. look up KMC z chains.

i haven't heard of anyone actually DIY painting their chains, but it sounds like a horrible idea. if there's one thing i wouldn't fuck with, it's any part of my bike's drivetrain.

But you'll also have 4 chains. Chains have to get replaced eventually.. And if you're really pinching for money, do you really need to convert your bike? I mean, one of the main reasons I love fixed gears is because they're cheap when you build one up. No derailer or brakes or cables or cassette or brake levers and such. I can't understand spending money to convert a bike.

I get to work 15 minutes faster than if I rode my purple BMX. The ride is about 10-15 miles and I can easily do that in about 20-25 mins on fixed and about 45 mins on BMX.

That's 20-25 minutes.. I'm such a smart ass...

i've seen a few people running rainbow chains and they've all had to mix and match.

hope you have some help. i wouldn't have the willpower to finish.

I don't even have the willpower to start it. Where do they sell the tires with the colored walls? I found a couple at nashbar. I don't want to spend 50$ per tire though. Also, how long do chains last? The best place I found was performancebike and they were going from 20$-50$.

That's like my dream of doing that because I think it will be like one of those brand spanking new restorations on velospace. I'm not going to convert it to a fixed. It's just an old bike but I thought if I re-painted it and stuff. Putting aerospokes on it would make it look sick.However, I think I may put aerospokes on my specialized.

That's like my dream of doing that because I think it will be like one of those brand spanking new restorations on velospace. However, I think I may put aerospokes on my specialized.

langster? if you really need them, save them for a better frame. At least that's what I would do if I wanted aerospokes.

You sound like an idiot. Why not ride the bike and see if you even like fixed gear? I'm enjoying mine but at times I still think it is a pain in the ass. I'm contemplating adding a rear brake + going SS or throwing a coaster brake on the back.

It's an aluminum chain. I can bend aluminum. A pair of pliers easily chops it.

You sound like an idiot. Why not ride the bike and see if you even like fixed gear? I'm enjoying mine but at times I still think it is a pain in the ass. I'm contemplating adding a rear brake + going SS or throwing a coaster brake on the back.

It's an aluminum chain. I can bend aluminum. A pair of pliers easily chops it.

Thats why I said it's for lunch. If you eat in like 10 minutes it should still be there. It's a total piece of shit though other wise. I don't think if you left it in a busy place and went for lunch it'd be gone if you had no quick release stuff on. However, i've cut my skis out of a lock when they've been jammed and noone has said shit.

Stunt - Shit happened so quick, never been hit before. Got bruised and scratched up. Luckily, nothing permanent. I'm fucking lucky though, makes me want to start wearing a helmet. Too bad my bike got a bit banged up but it's all good.

ML - we still have to get up and ride when you get the chance.

Be safe all.

The first hit is the scariest hit.

After that, you wont really feel the whole shock of it... IF you get hit again that is haha. Fuck.

Good shit that nothing was bad. You sue?

120$ ? Stop penny pinching, this shit is NJS son! These basically go for 150$ a piece now. It's a TEE19 team collaboration. The blue TEE19's that came out before this go up to 200$ a piece now. 200$ for those 2 is a deal.

Hahaha 120 u cant even get a set of Nitto with stem.

btw how much u selling those??