Julian Red - Calis owners, help me out!

Meskalinko

I have JR Calis W32. They're from 2004 but I guess it's all the same? They've been washed many times so here it comes:

Waist: 39.5cm/15.6" (laid flat)

Leg opening: 18cm/7.1"

Thanks. That waist size is curiously small, do they really shrink that much in wash ? I had Calis W31 and their waist size (new, unwashed) was 41 cm.

Thanks. That waist size is curiously small, do they really shrink that much in wash ? I had Calis W31 and their waist size (new, unwashed) was 41 cm.

i have 29s i normally wear a 30 and they are working out incredibly, call denim bar bethesda we have cali no wash there

Actually they do shrink quite much, but they also stretch very (too) easily. They have been washed and never worn since then.

• 3 weeks later...

don't mean to jack the thread, but: does anyone know how much the new denim stretches compared to the 2005 (i think) denim for the no wash. i have a pair of 31 (old denim, feels more even) from the very beginning of this year that look fine but are too snug for my tastes. I noticed that the old ones stretched a good bit but were kind of intransigent in areas like seams and pockets and such, b/c i got them TIGHT and now they're loose-ish but i still struggle to get my hand in the front pocket.

i went to denim bar and got a pair with the new denim (rougher texture, seems to be a looser weave) in a 32. I love the fit but they haven't done much (if any) stretching. i'm worried that this denim is going to be stretchier that the old stuff. if it is, i'm probably going to switch 'em out for the 31 (which, if it were the older denim, i wouldn't even consider).

so basically: anyone have experience with both? or could anyone tell me how much theirs stretched (the newer ones, with the very slim selvage line)?

Thanks!!

and since i just went on about that, measurements for the 32x34:

Waist laid flat: 17.25 inches

Hem: 7.25-7.25 inches

• 2 months later...