bape website

hifashion

Quote:

ain't nothing wrong with BAPE trying to go mainstream...it's hard to keep a good brand underground for a while...especially with the clientele he had...he's just gotta understand that he can't sell these t-shirts with nothing but BAPE on the chest for $100+ anymore...shit's just not gonna work...

--- Original message by jskilz on Apr 6, 2005 09:40 PM

That's the problem in Japan. Out there the underground is the mainstream. kids catch on quick and jump off just as...

Nigo never sold T-shirts for $100. Price has always been around Y6500 for a tee, I don't know about the NYC store but? Anyone?

-In real life I'm much more distinguished, I'm like a bloke from London, England-

i dont know about the tees, but the denim that they currently display at the SoHo store does have some nice detailing if you bother to look closely. inside the back pocket, there's a nice suede camo layer and not to mention the 'ape shall never kill ape' embroidery that runs along the inner seams

Edited by hahnstch on Apr 13, 2005 at 11:28 AM