Denim Length

dancancer

Yeah I figured its done for. Like they were quite long when I first got them then I wore them today and realized how short they got. Now they look like I got them in the third grade and couldnt part with them. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think they may have jsut moved up a bit due to creases and what not they bunched up at the knees and the waist, same with my APC they are a 36" length and now look like a 32" and the SCs are 32" by default still kind of short

I remember seeing that pre-soak pic. Looked sweet.

Yeah, just wear it lower now. With the weight of a wallet, cell, maybe keys, it's gonna drag that down to a tolerable level.

I know how you feel. I have a pair that I got hemmed that I wish I hadn't listened to the tailor on. I keep thinking it'll stack that much better with another inch at the bottom.

erm, how long is the inseam on unwashed 1947s? i thought it was like 37 inches

yeah, it depends about waist size, mine (one-wash, but still) are 34 and i could have chosen some 32 (which i should have because i have the opposite problem, mine are too long and i can't find a decent tailor in montreal)...

dancancer, you might want to try to stretch the legs by hand or by tying something heavy next time you soak them. but overall, and although i like my jeans a bit longer than yours, i think it still looks good, wearing them a bit lower will probably fix the problem.

yeah, it depends about waist size, mine (one-wash, but still) are 34 and i could have chosen some 32 (which i should have because i have the opposite problem, mine are too long and i can't find a decent tailor in montreal)...

dancancer, you might want to try to stretch the legs by hand or by tying something heavy next time you soak them. but overall, and although i like my jeans a bit longer than yours, i think it still looks good, wearing them a bit lower will probably fix the problem.

Yeah, I think I will keep that in mind next time I soak a pair of jeans, I however wore them so they fit to my anatomy rather than just freehand shrink.

I tried wearing them low for a walk I just went on a few minutes ago, and they just kept rising up Im not sure how Im going to keep them low.

I remember seeing that pre-soak pic. Looked sweet.

Yeah, just wear it lower now. With the weight of a wallet, cell, maybe keys, it's gonna drag that down to a tolerable level.

I know how you feel. I have a pair that I got hemmed that I wish I hadn't listened to the tailor on. I keep thinking it'll stack that much better with another inch at the bottom.

never listen to tailors. i always have my own jeans marked before i take them in.

tailors are not fashion people, just craftsman/women. if you listen to them as far as fit you will always end up disappointed.

have a friend mark them and also measure compared to the length of another pair you like. leave a little extra room- you can always go shorter later.

Those dont look that bad to me. I would wet the legs again and pull on them. You might get half an inch by doing this.

Also, as others have suggested, they will sit lower on your hips after wearing them for a while. I really think you'll end up ok.