Outerwear for a Person Who Doesnt Like Jackets?

greentalks43

So, its that time of year where it's starting to get cold. I am not a fan of bulky jackets, but I live in San Francisco and everyone says I am going to need one. So what jackets are out there that are reasonably priced, my limit is about 150 and it needs to fit close, I dont want anything loose, puffy, furry, or leather.

SF isnt that bad. Its very windy and occasionally wet. The thing with SF is it has a lot of "microclimates" which means the temp can vary in a short time.

Get something lightweight, waterproof, and windproof. Layer underneath. Layering is key to SF weather, haha.

Something packable would be nice. Hows your budget?

I dislike most peacoats..........too many dudes with bootcut Abercombie jeans and Doc Martens wear them over here.

I would recommend a nice wool M65 or military jacket. I got one from Topshop (UK unfortunately) for $110 and it is extremely warm. I know alot of places are selling them this season.

I dislike most peacoats..........too many dudes with bootcut Abercombie jeans and Doc Martens wear them over here.

weird...in most of the public highschools in sf, it's all the thuggish types that wear pea coats with pants sagged below them. well, that was true when i was in hs.

and yes, sf has stupid microclimates. but the peacoat is a good idea, then you could just wear a shirt or two or a sweater underneath. fighting sf weather is more about layers, like a thermal and shirt, or a shirt and a sweater.

weird...in most of the public highschools in sf, it's all the thuggish types that wear pea coats with pants sagged below them. well, that was true when i was in hs.

and yes, sf has stupid microclimates. but the peacoat is a good idea, then you could just wear a shirt or two or a sweater underneath. fighting sf weather is more about layers, like a thermal and shirt, or a shirt and a sweater.

Ha hah; I guess I had a particular traumatic image in mind. Maybe I am the only one who sees it.....:eek:

o.O Gross. I'm the only guy in my school who wears a peacoat. Everything else is those huge quilted down coats.