double identity shoes.

chris

I have two pairs of Double Identity hi-tops, and the quality is not at all shitty. They've both held up to about a year of steady wear and they don't look all that bad at all. I still wear the Plaid/Blue/White ones regularly- you can check them out on Coolestshop, the Tartan Leather.

they have them at jake in chicago. you can't get them on their website (shopjake.com), but you can probably call up the store and get a pair shipped to you. i'm so mad at myself for not getting them while i was up there; i tried on the black, because they didn't have the white--which i really, really wanted--and didn't end up getting them at all. gah.

I have two pairs of Double Identity hi-tops, and the quality is not at all shitty. They've both held up to about a year of steady wear and they don't look all that bad at all. I still wear the Plaid/Blue/White ones regularly- you can check them out on Coolestshop, the Tartan Leather.

You must have treated them very well. I've got the Plaid/Blue/White Tartan Leather as well...bought them around january.

- Leather is cracking up pretty much everywhere

- The plaid is disappearing on the inside of the shoe due to my foot rubbing against it when I walk.

- My feet slide too the inner side when I walk, which makes me worried that they're going to bust anytime soon.

These problems all might be because of my lack of care, but they aren't exactly Visvims either. :)

You must have treated them very well. I've got the Plaid/Blue/White Tartan Leather as well...bought them around january.

- Leather is cracking up pretty much everywhere

- The plaid is disappearing on the inside of the shoe due to my foot rubbing against it when I walk.

- My feet slide too the inner side when I walk, which makes me worried that they're going to bust anytime soon.

These problems all might be because of my lack of care, but they aren't exactly Visvims either. :)

Haha, they're definitely not Visvims but I wouldn't really say I've babied them.

I don't baby any of my shoes really, and saying that I've taken less care of these than I usually do pretty much means they've been abused in the eyes of normal sneaker fiends.

The plaid is disappearing on the inside? That's weird.

I can't say why mine have held up; they're actually a half-size smaller than I usually

wear so there isn't much space for my foot to move around and fuck things up in... maybe that has a little to do with it?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, UK 7 more or less equates to a US 8... I'm a UK 7 and my Draven leather hi tops say 8.

Don't think I'll be getting these, a) because I have leather hi tops and am getting some biker boots, which these are practically a hybrid of and B) if they're being sold in Schuh I'm going to see a lot of people rocking these out on the streets of Brighton these next few months. Still sweet assed shoes though.