Acronym06/07

Felix

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been away from this site for a while but feel I really had to put my ha'penny in on the ACR gear. Yes, it is expensive but it's about a million times harder wearing than Stone Island and compared price-wise, is a bargain.

With SI you just get techy fabrics which look good and nothing else, whereas when you're in ACR you become weather resistant.

I've now got three ACR jackets, if you include the hoody, and just bought the sweat from this season's collection. It's the stuff I wear the most because you haven't got to think about the weather before setting off.

Just one thing for those of you who have bought the GT J11 - there are now only XLs left and I'm usually a large (40" chest) in ACR. Is the XL going to drown me or in your opinion will it fit OK? This online shopping is so difficult when it comes to sizing.

Laters

G

My jackets just arrived today.

I got the grey wool soft shell, and the epic cotton lightshell. So nice.

I am not admitting to how much Acr gear I own.

If anyone's thinking of getting an Acr hoody, go for the wool, it's such an amazing material , and not as bulky as the WB-400 Extreme cotton.

//edit they're sold out. haha. I'm sure Grandism/Hideout/Firmament will have 'em at some stage.

My jackets just arrived today.

I got the grey wool soft shell, and the epic cotton lightshell. So nice.

I am not admitting to how much Acr gear I own.

If anyone's thinking of getting an Acr hoody, go for the wool, it's such an amazing material , and not as bulky as the WB-400 Extreme cotton.

pics of it??

Of the wool hoody? here

The pics don't really do it justice. The wool looks what like what you'd see on a heavy suit or a light overcoat, but wind- and water-resistant (you can google nanosphere wool for the marketing blabla—in any case, it does what it says)

Of the wool hoody? here

The pics don't really do it justice. The wool looks what like what you'd see on a heavy suit or a light overcoat, but wind- and water-resistant (you can google nanosphere wool for the marketing blabla—in any case, it does what it says)

duh, pics of yours :rolleyes: because I was guessing that the pics on glade dont do justice, the dude is wearing it funny plus probably sized up

actually i'd argue that (with regard to the sleeves on the J7) the extra wide cut on the sleeves are meant to be their fashion statement. it seems that they drew inspiration from chinese kungfu/japanese ninja attire. if you look at the specifications provided on the dustbag, it actually mentions some reference to chinese kungfu flick

well apparently they dropped that statement since i hear this season's coats are cut much slimmer.

duh, pics of yours :rolleyes: because I was guessing that the pics on glade dont do justice, the dude is wearing it funny plus probably sized up

If I can find my digicam I'll see what I can do, I got the J1W jacket, not the hoody (I have a beige/khaki cotton one, though)

As regards the fit, the sleeves on this year's EJ1A are cut wide, same as on the J7 last year—anything that's designed as a shell jacket for layering seems to have the wider cut and sleeves, the blazers and softshells are designed to be worn on their own, so they're slim cut.

//also, the dude who's modelling them on the Glade is Errolson, I'm not gonna be the one who tells him he's wearing his own gear 'funny'...

this season was real strong.

granted i only really just got two more attachments for my bag ...

but whenever i see those white taped boxes open i just can't believe what comes out of them.

good good stuff.

what made me trip hard was when i put water on that ssj2w and the water beaded off .. which was expected ... but then i felt the jacket and the damn thing still felt the same.

i mean i understanded it on the ssj2 ... but i just never ran into that sort of wool type texture that had those properties.

granted i never really shop for things like that and probably don't have the same shopping experience many of you do ... but it's just fucking neat.

So The Glade's sold out of the GT-J11 already. Is that it until next year?

Hanon Shop never got them, Hideout's showing no sign of stocking ACR this year, and Grandism is still showing last year's (sold out) products.

I can't think of any other stockists...

G

So The Glade's sold out of the GT-J11 already. Is that it until next year?

Hanon Shop never got them, Hideout's showing no sign of stocking ACR this year, and Grandism is still showing last year's (sold out) products.

I can't think of any other stockists...

G

that gt-j11 looks awesome. hopefully someone else will have some in stock too.

never mind...I went for it...grandism had already sold out of the wool non-hoody softshell in medium, so i went for it at the glade...

the hoodies were hell of tight, but I'll probably be skiing in this a lot, and already have a hoody on my cashmere outer

damn that price tag hurt though. at least paypal lessens the blow because somehow it doesn't feel like you're spending all that much money when you just click the mouse...