Acronym06/07

Felix

As I was stating earlier in the thread...the perks that acronym offers (beyond its lack of obvious branding, great comfort, and solid construction) are not ones that would appeal to the average consumer concerned with style. I find myself loving my Acronym ski jacket at very specific moments; whether it be turning my head around during an aerial maneuver and marveling at how well the hood tracks my head movement even when fully cinched (a problem I'd had in the past with other jackets) or the sheer spartan simplicity that lends itself to greater functionality. I like Arcteryx stuff, and if price is a consideration, then they might be the better buy, but I do believe Acronym is a cut above any other outerwear company I have yet encountered...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of missing out altogether, I went for the SS J1W from Hanon (the hoodless jacket in wool) and then looked at Grandism and they'd loaded up their stock, including the GT-J11 blazer thing I wanted in the first place!

Couldn't believe it, but after sitting back and reassessing my needs I think fate dealt me the right card - I'll definitely get more use out of the jacket, as an underlayer for my shells as well as a stand alone piece.

Some of the Grandism sizes are already sold out and they've been up less than 24 hours.

So now I've done my nuts on ACR for another year, still at least I'll be dry when I'm forced to sell the house and sleep on the streets to pay the bill.

anyone bought the E-J1A or the previously similar model with the one black arm? I want to know how a medium fits. That thing is dead sexy, looks like something the badguys in MGS2 would wear. Pics are a plus! Thanks buoys

edit: heres the link http://www.the-glade.com/brands/acronym/e-j1a_jacket_0607.php?view=04

anyone bought the E-J1A or the previously similar model with the one black arm? I want to know how a medium fits. That thing is dead sexy, looks like something the badguys in MGS2 would wear. Pics are a plus! Thanks buoys

edit: heres the link http://www.the-glade.com/brands/acronym/e-j1a_jacket_0607.php?view=04

i ordered the E-J1A in L...unfortunately too short for me:mad:

collar to hem was 70-71cm - i'm 1.87 tall ; 79 kg

the jacket is not slim cut, the sleeves are very long.....by the way the jacket is fffffff... amazing!!!

FOR EVERYBODY: THE MEASUREMENTS ON THE LIGHTSHELL PARKA ( LENGHT) AND THE E-J1A ARE KINDA WRONG ::::::::::::::::::::::: I TALKED TO THE OWNER ON THE PHONE ABOUT THE MISTAKES, HE ASSURED ME TO TAKE CARE OF IT!

i ordered the E-J1A in L...unfortunately too short for me:mad:

collar to hem was 70-71cm - i'm 1.87 tall ; 79 kg

the jacket is not slim cut, the sleeves are very long.....by the way the jacket is fffffff... amazing!!!

FOR EVERYBODY: THE MEASUREMENTS ON THE LIGHTSHELL PARKA ( LENGHT) AND THE E-J1A ARE KINDA WRONG ::::::::::::::::::::::: I TALKED TO THE OWNER ON THE PHONE ABOUT THE MISTAKES, HE ASSURED ME TO TAKE CARE OF IT!

Really? I'm about the same height and my M-sized E-J1A is exactly the right length for me, how short was yours? I haven't physically measured mine, yet. It isn't supposed to be parka-length, that's the EJ-2.

Steph, Felix - could one of you post a pic of you wearing the E-J1A? I really want one but havent seen any acronym in person so I dont know what they are sized like, apart from the glade guy. Im also 1.87, about 76kg, with a 38" chest. Pics would be very appreciated!

^^ Mine looks just like that, but without the hood. Also, I'm wearing cooler socks.

Lengthwise, it's just below the belt-line on me.

you see that's my problem exactly those couple of cm's over the beltline....

...........but damn i don't know........should i keep it or not, any help appreciated...

if your socks are so much cooler why don't you post a pic?

i think it's too short to be practical...but do you plan on using it for any bad weather-type activities? if you were snowboarding for example i think you'd regret not having those few inches covering your lower back. if you are only using it as streetwear it's probably fine.

this jacket can't be used for any snowboarding activities...too thin, not really waterproof...material is some kinda cotton...it's more like a light autumn jacket, depending on your second layer

Ah that sucks. I thought that baby had the whole acronym all weather type stuff going on. I was planning to get it for the rain, but if its not waterproof, its not worth it for me. :(

I love the way it looks though!

this jacket can't be used for any snowboarding activities...too thin, not really waterproof...material is some kinda cotton...it's more like a light autumn jacket, depending on your second layer

I haven't tested it in person, but isn't the amphibious cotton that the jacket you're referring to is made of pretty darn water-resistant, if not waterproof? That's how its been billed at least...

Having been caught in the rain with mine: It's pretty darn water-resistant, but it's definitely not water-proof. If I knew I was gonna be out in heavy rain/snow all day, I'd wear gore-tex, for everything else, this'll do. Mostly, the water just beads and runs off it.

when I ordered a bag a few of months back the order confirmation to shipment confirmation took a damn long time, over a week I think which is pretty dumb if they have the stuff in stock. they didnt answer my e-mails during this time either..

this is why I ordered on Grandism this time..