Dallas vs Philadelphia

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nobody :o

at least nobody good enough to cover Witten on a consistent basis. that guy is a helluva receiving TE. the sick thing about it is, once you start covering the middle of the field to shut him down, that's when you get TO in single coverage down the sidelines

it should be a good game, but if there is anything that's overrated about the Cowboys, I'd say it's their defense, as evident by close games with the Bills and the stomping that New England laid down (althought they've been killing everyone this year. that said, I really think the Indy's D is going to put up a good fight this weekend)

yeah, Brady is definitely the x-factor. he IS capable of carrying the team on his shoulders. he's just that good (and smart). he also has a better supporting cast than Peyton

Indy MIGHT be able to stop the run, but I doubt they'll be able to stop Tom Brady. both teams are going to want to keep their respective offenses on the field as much as possible, because they're both capable of big drives and big points

it must be nerve racking as a defensive player going into a game like this...

haha, so true

his receivers make him look better than he really is. they are ALL capable of breaking off big yards after a catch. randy moss is usually good for the deep pass, stallworth is a great possession receiver capable of breaking off the big YAC numbers, and wes welker is arguably the best slot receiver in the game right now. oh, and brady also has a few TEs to throw to...

insane

I've heard announcers refer to this Patriots offense as the BEST EVER, and the more I watch them play, the more inclined I am to agree with that statement

nobody :o

at least nobody good enough to cover Witten on a consistent basis. that guy is a helluva receiving TE. the sick thing about it is, once you start covering the middle of the field to shut him down, that's when you get TO in single coverage down the sidelines

it should be a good game, but if there is anything that's overrated about the Cowboys, I'd say it's their defense, as evident by close games with the Bills and the stomping that New England laid down (althought they've been killing everyone this year. that said, I really think the Indy's D is going to put up a good fight this weekend)

but i dont think the eagles plan on giving romo enough time to scramble and make a play ... jimmy johnson will and should call his best game ever ... i wont be surprised to see a safety blitz, a corner blitz and a strongside blitz .. blitz galore

Eagles suck

Everyone hates on romo, but he's only had 1 really bad game all year and he still lead 2 straight drives to win the game so it wasn't that bad in the end (vince young gets credit for winning ugly). The pats are just unstoppable so that doesn't even count. I'm guessing plently of teams have tried zone blitzes. Eagles did a lot of blitzing, fake and zone blitzes but they just suck. Next week's giants/cowboys game is going to be fun.

phill guys- when does the kolb era start?

the eagles management needs to realize that to have any offense they need at least two new receivers, westbrook can't do everything.

But they signed kevin curtis!!! :confused:

curtis hardly counts, and obviously reggie brown is a huge joke too. also the way the o-line is playing throwing kolb in there is not a good call.

I was kidding on all accounts. The eagles are mad cheap though. Good luck getting anything other than some shitty journeyman the eagles think can turn into a starter. They'll probably end up signing someone like ashley lelie.

they really need to start scouting new QB's

Scouting new qbs? They just drafted one. Kevin Kolb is your QB of the future! I hear he can gut a wild hog with the best of them.

SEriously though, the window is closed. Fire Fat Fuck, fire JJ. Get the kid some snaps, get some real wide outs. Get ready for some shitty years.

as much as i hate dallas, i do believe they're going to hand the giants their own asses on sunday. this is coming from a lifelong giants fan too. the giants schedule has been a cakewalk this season, the upcoming dallas game is the first legit opponent they've faced since the season opener.

throwing kolb in there now with the shape that the o-line is in would destroy him much like whats happened to young QBs thrown in too early with poor protection see Patrick Ramsey, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Matt Lienart, etc, etc.

i see what you're saying but I dunno what you mean by "the shape of that o-line." one of their only strengths is the o-line. it's not as good as it was last year, but its certainly still in the top 10 in the league.