Winter coats?!

Le kid

Who likes puffer jackets and would be interested in a TOJ version? I live in a pretty cold place and I know a lot of you guys do too, so I am probably gonna make one at least for myself, goose down and a suiting-qualty wool outer rather than something technical or nylon.

I guess its up to you man what with the 4 season jacket, how this idea fits in with that. This sounds doper (warmer, probably) if less versatile. price ideas?

Who likes puffer jackets and would be interested in a TOJ version? I live in a pretty cold place and I know a lot of you guys do too, so I am probably gonna make one at least for myself, goose down and a suiting-qualty wool outer rather than something technical or nylon.

this

10 chars

i think there are enough decent and reasonable options out there, many of which are frequently on sale. i'd skip it drew.

sounds dope to me

What are your thoughts about removable arms on jackets?

& somebody buy my goddamn raf jacket..

I guess its up to you man what with the 4 season jacket, how this idea fits in with that. This sounds doper (warmer, probably) if less versatile. price ideas?

Forgot I posted this, but I have been thinking on the actual jacket for quite awhile, it'll be in my winter coat patterns so it's in the next phase of TOJ off by a month or so, but I was thinking $250 or less, and obviously once again biased to the slim. What do you guys think? Nailhead tweed, goose down, basic cupro/acetate lining, maybe some wood buttons, zip off sleeves to make a vest if you like that idea, say yay.

Forgot I posted this, but I have been thinking on the actual jacket for quite awhile, it'll be in my winter coat patterns so it's in the next phase of TOJ off by a month or so, but I was thinking $250 or less, and obviously once again biased to the slim. What do you guys think? Nailhead tweed, goose down, basic cupro/acetate lining, maybe some wood buttons, zip off sleeves to make a vest if you like that idea, say yay.

I like this idea. That rag and bone/penfield coat made me realize this can look pretty good.

this idea sounds super dope, but like other people said, i'd be worried about the cold. i feel like half of wanting a puffer jacket is for the snow anyway

I thought about this too, but you can buy a treatment spray that transparently waterproofs porous fibers, particularly wool, which would help shed snowflakes and stuff. I'd probably not snowboard or something in what I have in mind, but yeah a little snow wouldn't hurt it. My dad likes to spray everything in his winter closet in that shit. You can't tell it's there but it does work a little bit.

I found an impeccable recent season Brooks Brothers coat today while thrifting. It fits perfectly, shoulders, arm length, length, and all.

However, im sure its a womans coat.

Theres no real way to tell though, to me it just looks like a plain, high quality macintosh/trench length coat with buttons. The only clue I have are that the buttons are sort of small, do you think larger buttons might emasculate it a bit? It would be a very, very cheap fix and the coat is great!

Yes/no?

I found an impeccable recent season Brooks Brothers coat today while thrifting. It fits perfectly, shoulders, arm length, length, and all.

However, im sure its a womans coat.

Theres no real way to tell though, to me it just looks like a plain, high quality macintosh/trench length coat with buttons. The only clue I have are that the buttons are sort of small, do you think larger buttons might emasculate it a bit? It would be a very, very cheap fix and the coat is great!

Yes/no?

girls coats usually have buttons on the left side of the jacket and button holes on the right vs the other way around for the fellas.

Quickest fix is definately buttons, which I have decided are on thte small side.

And thanks mmm, never even noticed that before, ill go check that out right now. If the buttons end up on the left, does anyone think its really a big deal to wear it out? Or am I gonna get called out immediately aha :P

Not dreading winter cuz I get to whip this out for it's third season

2hg8bvs.jpg

i bought a similar CG jacket without the fur (constable down parka).

It's one of the best purchases I've ever made in the recent years.

The shit is light as hell but warm in a 20 degree weather.

i can just rock a short sleeve tee and stay warm

this thing is just out-of-this-world warm

this b the jacket

i live 1.5hrs from montreal, FYI

9213M0417_1_2.jpg

edit: ugly jeans