Nomad

MyMindSpray

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wanna cop the headporter stuff at nomad. saw a hp bag selling for $400 something, but the original price tag showing 17000yen. they just double(even more) the retail price in japan. I was thinking they are Reselling the hp stuff. anyone has idea?

Visvim is dope! and price is no bad.

my 2cents

thanks krush for the info! i used to buy head porter in stussy nyc. i know the price at stussy is slightly higher than japan hp store (10-20% higher). In canada, I dont think they can double the japan retail price (the retail price of that bag in japan is 17000yen - around $200CAD, nomad price is selling at $400+.). I can accept the 20% - 30% higher than retail price in Japan (cuz everyone knows how Canadian custom does the import tax thing, also the shipping cost). Thats why I Dont think Nomad carrys headport......they may resell them. let me know if I was wrong.

just my 2cents

thanks krush for the info! i used to buy head porter in stussy nyc. i know the price at stussy is slightly higher than japan hp store (10-20% higher). In canada, I dont think they can double the japan retail price (the retail price of that bag in japan is 17000yen - around $200CAD, nomad price is selling at $400+.). I can accept the 20% - 30% higher than retail price in Japan (cuz everyone knows how Canadian custom does the import tax thing, also the shipping cost). Thats why I Dont think Nomad carrys headport......they may resell them now. let me know if I was wrong.

just my 2cents

the markup on headporter isn't that ridiculous at Nomad...let's face it, boutiques have to find a way to pay the bills...this isn't your neighborhood convienence store...and let's face it, it's still cheaper than making a run to Stussy/Porter in NewYork...it's funny...for years, i heard cats complain about how toronto needs to get some decent stores with decent product, and how they wish someone in canada would carry porter...now that we have the goods, and first week in, cats are complaining about the price points...wow...

that's a good one,well said, Spray.

dislike it so much/too expensive and this/that? just dont buy them shit and go on with shopping.

opinions are good but when it comes to extreme hatin' on everythin is just not fuckin it.

neways, hp consist of two so called sub-brands. the more pricey ones are, headporter tokyo[mother brand] and the cheaper one is headporter international. think the fabric varies as well. parachute and nylon.

rock whatever you want, seen or not.

well said, Spray.

dislike it so much/too expensive and this/that? just dont buy them shit and go on with shopping.

opinions are good but when it comes to extreme hatin' on everythin is just not fuckin it.

neways, hp consist of two so called sub-brands. the more pricey ones are, headporter tokyo[mother brand] and the cheaper one is headporter international. think the fabric varies as well. parachute and nylon.

rock whatever you want, seen or not. not hatin'

write your own script

benz- head porter is in no way the same as those shitty velcro nylon wallets. there are more grades of nylon than i wish to name, but i have $600 ballistic nylon tumi bags that will last for years (in fact, tumi offers a lifetime warranty on these bags...they wouldn't be able to warrant a product like that unless it was quality) and, being a bike messenger for 6 years, every bag i used was nylon...and virtually indestructable. i mean, prada bags are mostly nylon...are they cheap as well? lv bags are mostly cotton...and so is the t shirt i'm wearing...are they comparable? most of hp's range that's available in the states is made up of the puffy/bomber jacket like shit...and the quality is pretty good...comparable to microfiber in most cases. however, porter uses leather, cotton, duck, burlap, etc, etc in a lot of their products. the stuff that's available in japan varies greatly from the shit you see in north america and europe. and the tags??? who cares if people don't know what i'm rocking...one reason i like it is that nobody knows what it is. i'm not trying to advertise (or look like a label whore).

spray- head porter is actually a sub brand of porter (or yoshida and sons). they are broken up into different groups...head porter, porter plus, porter luggage (my favorite) porter x (they do about a billion colabs as i'm sure you know). also, the quality of the head porter products actually seem a little lower than comparable items in their other lines...i don't know why. i have a porter luggage computer backpack i got from japan...it's almost identical to one they have at hp nyc...but the finishing of mine is nicer and is even a li'l less expensive.

RHFIV

what up benz...

Almost certain the two are in no way affiliated with each other...

As for Nomad's stock?....currently they have Y3, Bittersweet, Crooks&Castles and Rinse&Repeat...pretty sure that's all i saw over the weekend...

they'll be breaking out DaggersDrawn and Brknhome tees shortly i believe...

Of course, they also stock GDFT tees...

They actually don't carry aNYthing...Vice does, but not Nomad...I think the aNYthing shirt mentioned in this thread was referring to the Bittersweet x aNYthing collab tee...not bad...nothing to special though...

Edited by MyMindSpray on Mar 28, 2005 at 12:19 PM

There is only one Porter that is $400+ and that is from the Black Beauty line. the tag said 17580 not Yen just a code on the bag. I bought one a year ago and it ended up being $340 US at Stussy.

The Atmos x Headporter , and the tough X headporter calabo bags are around $200 which is retail in JP.

Benz - I agree with you though. If one only has money for a Porter Bag or Rent then Rent is the way to go.

Word Spray, looking forward to seeing the offerings from Brknhome this season, i dont feel much Canadian stuff or BRKNHOME, but i seen 1 or 2 nice joints. I was up in that frigid ass city t-dot over holiday. Who's that skinny snotty nose white kid that works there? Kid fronts like he's all bad but he's in there rocking a broom doing the swiffer dance.

from what i understand, there are two owners of GDFT - matt and jesar. everyone else is hired help.

Quote: Who's that skinny snotty nose white kid that works there? Kid fronts like he's all bad but he's in there rocking a broom doing the swiffer dance

I was a target cause I'm a fashion misfit

and the outfit that I'm wearing brothers dissing it

i think it's kinda wierd to rock gdft tee's in tdot.

my friend from the uk quickly grabbed up a bunch of gdft tees - and i would do the same for something like footpatrol shirts to wear here - but wearing goodfoot tees in toronto gives me the same wierd feeling as walking into a store where you're wearing exactly the same outfit that's on the display model

i think it depends...if you support what they do, then buy their products and rep their gear...personally, gdft has been good to me...they've shown me nothing but love since their grand opening...i appreciate what they've done for the city in terms of the shoe game...i'm gonna support them if i can...and if that means wearing a shirt or two, then it's all love...

Quote:

www.nomadshop.net....

--- Original message by MyMindSpray on Apr 3, 2005 12:59 PM

oh speaking of Nomad. what kind of expensive wood do they use for the store man? my friend was picking out some shirts and he put some shirts with the hanger on the wood to compare and the white service guy comes over "put those shirts down, this is EXPENSIVE wood."

ok....

-don't hate, appreciate-

no dissrespect to your friend...but i don't think it's "the wood" Nomad's worrying about...i think they're just trying to encourage cats in respecting the store and space in which they're visiting...

they probably shouldn't have spoken to you and yours that way, but hey, show respect to get respect.