Here ya go

airfrogusmc

WOW check these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1940s-Levis-Jeans-Big-E-501XX-Waist-Overalls_W0QQitemZ200034188941QQihZ010QQcategoryZ52386QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wonder what these will go for? Check the denim. Not striped dark even not very slubby.

$2000 and counting. I gotta tell ya my 37 201s when raw looked allot like these. Pocket size, denim, cinch placement, proportion etc.

yeah...there're only a handful of levi's freaks here on the boards, and it's good to have more around. knowing the history of the jeans is always fascinating, and important. gotta have a hang of what's gone before, to really love what comes after.

that's just a convenient phrase i came up with on the spot.

DDML i'll be sure to check out the thread!

Well, if this the OFFICIAL post, then...

I've found his posts very informative. I'm now typing in Levi big E on ebay to look for vintage stuff, and I wouldn't have known to look at aeroleather for vintage stuff either.

airfrog, do you have any Lees?

is it me or does it look like the arcuate on the back is double stitched? isn't the little diamond only there on doublestitched arcuates?

It is double-stitched, but these appear to be from the late 60s, by which time double-stitched arcuates were in use.

Unless I'm wrong in which case someone will say so. ;)