Help with sizing of Helmut Lang

TaylorMADE

If that's the case I'd go with a 34...the Helmuts I'm familiar with have a slim fit and definitely size smaller than Evisu...quality jeans that I'm quite happy with.

“Isn’t it strange how it’s a fad to bite your idols when the whole reason you liked them is because their shit wasn’t recycled?†- Aesop Rock

Edited by Dave Russ on Mar 13, 2005 at 06:56 PM

ya know what i have 2 pairs of Jeans from helmut and there both different sizes. i would say try them on if your in NYC and going to there store but probably not.. Just make sure you can retrun them if they dont fit. How ever when you do get them right you will love them i love mine so much they all look great...

I use to have a life before i joined the music industry

• 4 months later...

they stretch AND shrink like they were made of rubber... i'd say they stretched at least two inches.

i got a pair ruined while staying at a NYC hotel who washed them in hot water instead of dry cleaning them as instructed - and shrunk them about 7-8 inches. upon notification, the managing director of the hotel walked across the street to the helmut lang store himself and got me an identical pair, insisting it's common knowledge that a pair of HL shrink...

Quote:

they stretch AND shrink like they were made of rubber... i'd say they stretched at least two inches.

i got a pair ruined while staying at a NYC hotel who washed them in hot water instead of dry cleaning them as instructed - and shrunk them about 7-8 inches. upon notification, the managing director of the hotel walked across the street to the helmut lang store himself and got me an identical pair, insisting it's common knowledge that a pair of HL shrink...

--- Original message by kiteless on Aug 13, 2005 09:56 AM

that's because they ARE made of rubber. They are like 2% some stretchy material.

Thanks for the info, kiteless and soultek.

I know that some HL jeans are 2-3% elastane, but these are 100% cotton.

They are also printed with some rubbery material, creating an effect of shiny dots.

The sewn-in tag inside the jeans says DO NOT dry clean, but the flash on the outside says dry clean only.

I think the rubbery print may dissolve in dry cleaning fluid, so I am going to cold wash, hang dry them.

Jeans never used to be so complicated. lol