Where to find 1947 LVC deadstocks in NYC????

sazon

I have been trying with no success to find LVC 1947 Deadstocks in NYC, size 36 X 34.

Amazing, no one seems to have anything other than a 32 waist.

Jesus, is everyone 140 pounds out there?

Anyone have any spots that I should try? I've no luck all around this city. No luck on line. No luck with Levi's store in SF.

Help, please.

thanks!

Joe

I have been trying with no success to find LVC 1947 Deadstocks in NYC, size 36 X 34.

Amazing, no one seems to have anything other than a 32 waist.

Jesus, is everyone 140 pounds out there?

Anyone have any spots that I should try? I've no luck all around this city. No luck on line. No luck with Levi's store in SF.

Help, please.

thanks!

Joe

Try the Denim Bar in Arlington, VA. http://www.thedenimbar.net/

Its where I copped mine... in a 38x38 even. I tried on a 36x34 for sizing purposes when I was there. He's got good prices will ship em to you. One zone ups is like 1 day shipping to NYC, so you'll get em quick.

-Trapped

Thanks everyone for your help!!! I called DenimBar and they were able to hook me up with a 36 X 32. Christina was extremely polite and helpful. I am a true 35 X 30 so these should be good. I saw the 36 X 34 come back on levisstore.com right after I called Mauro.

When I had called What Comes Around and Steven Alan, they also were out of 36 waist.

For those of you with experience, shoud I do one warm soak before wearing and then dry clean from then on? Or will that bleed the denim too much?

eagerly awaiting my 1947s,

Joe

• 3 weeks later...
Huh, so is it generally agreed that you should go one size up for these? I'm usually a size 30, so if I got 30x32s, would they be 29 inches around the waist when I get them? Hmmmm... Rakuten says the 30's have a 29.9 inch waist, though.

Heres a photo comparing 38 waist modern well late 90 early 2000 STF 501s and 38 waist 47 501s after about the same washes and wears.

Compare47modern.jpg

This clearly shows how much trimmer the 47s are compared to modern 501s.