Julian Red sizing

antihelt

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got the hoboken nikki sixxs i bought off spencer. soooooooooooooo dope. they're a 32, and they're a little bigger than your average 32 in the waist. slouch up top, tapering through the thighs (not nearly as tight here as i thought they'd be, though -- my olas are tighter), but then oh my fucking god do they get skinny at the calf. i'm predominantly without body image issues, but i think these jeans just made me really sensitive to my apparently fat-fuck calves...

right?

the calves are ridiculous but the fit is very unique.

i love my nikkis but the fit takes a second to get used to.

• 1 month later...

it's the resurrection. i posted this in another thread and then noticed that it really should have been in this one:

don't mean to jack the thread, but: does anyone know how much the new denim stretches compared to the 2005 (i think) denim for the no wash. i have a pair of 31 (old denim, feels more even) from the very beginning of this year that look fine but are too snug for my tastes. I noticed that the old ones stretched a good bit but were kind of intransigent in areas like seams and pockets and such, b/c i got them TIGHT and now they're loose-ish but i still struggle to get my hand in the front pocket.

i went to denim bar and got a pair with the new denim (rougher texture, seems to be a looser weave) in a 32. I love the fit but they haven't done much (if any) stretching. i'm worried that this denim is going to be stretchier that the old stuff. if it is, i'm probably going to switch 'em out for the 31 (which, if it were the older denim, i wouldn't even consider).

so basically: anyone have experience with both? or could anyone tell me how much theirs stretched (the newer ones, with the very slim selvage line)?

Thanks!

cali no washes do not stretch that much because of the weave and the weight.

mine are a size 29, i am purchasing size 27 ns, so depending on the fit you are looking for they can go up or down. i always want the tightest, i normally wear a 30(acne, levis, etc) and am stoked about how little the calis have stretched but on that same note they have enough to be really quite comfortable. i have sold several pairs in downsizing and upsizing depending on my customers though.

i'm not super skinny, so i don't look good in really tight jeans. basically i want to be able to wear them slouchy but slim.

it really feels like the cali denim is pretty stretchy, but that's my relatively uninformed position. perhaps it just happens to give but won't stretch to much permanently?

and joey: i sent you a pm.

^^^ see, the new 32s fit pretty much bang on, maybe a very tiny bit loose. the 31's i tried on were pretty damn small, mostly in the waist, but the legs and seat as well. Seems like from your experience i probably went the right way in not going for the size down? what size did you go for?

are people getting these from denim bar? i hope they've still got some JR on hand when i'm home for break, b/c i can drive there then.

and just little observation: i feel like the newer cali denim is SO much nicer than the old stuff. Nicer feel, and a much richer indigo color. I even like the selvage better: slimmer, whereas it's a really thick strip on the older ones.

^^ Yeah, cult (or any other nikki owners), your seams poppin a bit at the knee when you first got them? Mine're showing white; not too worried, hoping they'll be fine when they stretch a bit more.

the seams on the calf were definately pushing it but they have stretched nicely.

• 4 weeks later...
great, thanks for the info :P

so your julian reds stretched the same amount as your nudies?

Yep, they stretched the same amount in the waist. The cali's have a higher rise, so they don't sit as low as the nudies do, but if I had sized up, they would be way too big. Here's a picture of me wearing my cali's (sz 32) about 2 months ago.

IMG_2989.jpg

Just to add:

I got a brand new, F/W 06 pair of raw Calis for Xmas, size 32. They're very tight now. I didn't measure them before wearing, but they were definitely smaller than tag size (probably about 15.5" - 15.75" across the back). They're already stretching a bit, but these new ones definitely run small. I would certainly not recommend you size down at all.

Just to add:

I got a brand new, F/W 06 pair of raw Calis for Xmas, size 32. They're very tight now. I didn't measure them before wearing, but they were definitely smaller than tag size (probably about 15.5" - 15.75" across the back). They're already stretching a bit, but these new ones definitely run small. I would certainly not recommend you size down at all.

do the legs run slimmer as well? or is it only the waist

• 3 weeks later...
what is the difference in fit between the californias and the detroits? I'm guessing detroits have a looser cut, but are they significantly looser? bootcut?

I love the fit of my APC NS (size 33)...so how would you compare them to those?

the rise on the detroits is crazy high, and the fit is a more relaxed straight with a slight taper

so just to add some more info: i just got a pair of the cali silvers and they run MUCH smaller than the new batch of no-wash. something like 2 sizes smaller is how they felt when i got em. i do have that fun layer of holiday fat that may be affecting my perception of sizing when i got each pair, but they're no doubt at least one size smaller.

so just to add some more info: i just got a pair of the cali silvers and they run MUCH smaller than the new batch of no-wash. something like 2 sizes smaller is how they felt when i got em. i do have that fun layer of holiday fat that may be affecting my perception of sizing when i got each pair, but they're no doubt at least one size smaller.

I'm considering buying the silvers from Kitchener. My black Diors are size 33 (19cm, made in Japan) and slightly loose in the waist. Is there any chance I could squeeze myself into a 33, since that is the biggest size left at kitchener?