SD-003 Stretching Question

glitz_inc

Hey everyone,

I stopped by Blue in Green Soho yesterday and picked up a brand new pair of Studio D'Artisan 003 jeans. They're left-hand twill. I bought a 32 which is fairly snug, but still comfortable enough to walk and sit in. I'm wondering if they're going to stretch out a lot - as I'd like to rock them raw for a few months. Does anyone have experience with these? I've got a pair of Dior Homme raw's in 33 which basically fit like a pair of rave pants nowadays. I'm hoping that the SD's hold their shape better.

BTW - it's been mentioned before, but the guys at Blue in Green are very helpful and friendly. I can't recommend that store enough.

I have a W30 SDA-003. Warm washed them for the first wash a little more than a month ago. Shrank about an inch at the waist. I'm a legit 30 and these are still a bit loose on me, so I can't really tell you about stretching, yet. Planning on the next wash to be a hot wash.

From what I know, they're supposed to shrink full 2" at the waist. At least, that's what the guy at Americaya in Ueno told me. If they're already snug on you, you'd probably want to avoid warm and/or hot washes.

Thanks for the advice Chicken - I'll probably rock them for a few months before the first wash - and I'll definitely do it in cold water. Can't wait to see the fade on these - the fabric is really dope.

mizanation - good meeting you yesterday, I'll definitely be back in the shop soon!

quick observation on SDAs in general. i have a pair of sd103s, i love everything about them except the buttons, i think they should have spaced them closer and added one more button and it looks like the buttons are generic buttons with a piece of aluminium with their logo on it wrapped around. kinda rough on the back side of the button.

They're supposed to shrink about 3". My 30 started at around 36" at the inseam. I don't have a tape measure with me so I can't tell you how long they are right now, but they're definitely still longer than my 28 APC NS.

They do shrink alot. I soaked them in hot water when I got them (sd-103) and now they could be a little longer...

• 4 weeks later...