The measuring thread

nemoulette

I suck at measuring. I also don't have a proper measuring band at home, only the stupid metal ones. So I took a string, took it around where I usually wear my jeans (low and slouchy), measured the string and got like 90 cm which is like 35,5 inches. Same with measuring the inside of the jeans. I usually wear 32 in jeans. Am I doing something wrong or is the whole collective denim industry vanity sizing? I thinking about ordering the Skull 5507, is the 32 which according to their chart is 86,5 cm, a good idea?

i can never tell what the hell the intent of the company is with sizing pants.

i guess as a general rule, at least for me, if it's a lower cut, like below the hip, then i'm a 30. If it's at the hip or higher, i'm like a 31-32 - but i really only have to worry about that with dress pants.

anyhow, it's all a big pain in the ass.

I want to solve this bullshit once and for all.

I have trouble measuring my waist, which is important, what with my upcoming Skull purchase. Now, I normally wear a 32 in most jeans.

I don't have a proper measuring tape, just those metal ones used for carpeting, so I took a string around where my jeans sit.

string.jpg

And measured it!

DSCN4985.jpg

And it came out to like 95 cm which is like a 37 inch waist :3: I'm 175 ish and 6'1 tall. What the hell?

Then, I measured my jeans by laying them flat, taking that sum twice and adding 3 cm (compensating for the curve in the front).

DSCN4989.jpg

That came out to about 85 cm. What the hell?! Where did the extra 4 mystery inches come from?