My new diors

konsl

So, I finally got my hands on a pair of italian raws 21cm and have some questions.

Are they really supposed to be that soft? -- when I got my APC rescues they were rock hard and gave me carpet-like burn on my legs sometimes.... these seem like 1 washes to me *shrug*

They are also very lightweight (and dark) -- i guess because they are s/s?

For everyone with diors, do you guys hem them? -- i'm 6'1". I never hemmed my APCs, but they seem to have bunched up a bit better than the diors -- the diors almost get a bell-bottom like appearance.

What's a good length to hem them, and anyone know of a good place in toronto?

Thanks

Where'd you get the Italian 21cm's?

Yeah, they are softer and darker than the Japanese 21cm's but they are still raw.

You're not supposed to hem them Dior's they say. I'm shorter than you and I'm just letting them bunch. If you insist, any place can do jean hems. I recommend Stitch-it since the Italian 21cm's aren't chainstitched.

they are not as stiff as APCs but they should still be rather rough...are you sure you have the raw one? My Diors are definitely softER than my APCs but I wouldnt by any means call them "that soft"

yeah, they are almost black, but sortof soft... not close to how my apcs were -- i've worn my apcs for like 5+ months and they are still rougher than these diors

the denim is lighter than apc's so that will help them not feel as rough, and it's completely believable that the seller may have under-exagerated the amount of wear he gave them, cause they've been fairly stiff when i've gotten them (though never like apc)

hmm... I've had a pair of italian 21's and japanese 21's (both s/s06) and saw very little difference in the stiffness, both felt like raw denim is supposed to. I sold the italians because I liked the fitment in the japs better.

so as said you might have gotten the one wash ones, I've never seen those though so couldn't really say. or maybe they were worn more than said

hmm... I've had a pair of italian 21's and japanese 21's (both s/s06) and saw very little difference in the stiffness, both felt like raw denim is supposed to. I sold the italians because I liked the fitment in the japs better.

so as said you might have gotten the one wash ones, I've never seen those though so couldn't really say. or maybe they were worn more than said

I doubt it has anything to do with the wear -- they looked pretty flawless, and absolutely no loss of indigo.

How about hems? Any of you guys hem them?

ok, nevermind... i wore them out and they buckle at the bottom properly after you wear them for a little bit..

i love them because they are _slightly_ slimmer at the leg opening than my rescues, and that means i'm not stepping on them.

dior.jpg

The mirror kinda fucks me up, but you get the idea :)

Honestly, I think you'd be better off with a pair of the Japanese. The Japanese 21cms are quite a bit slimmer than the Italian 21cm's. They are pretty much the perfect jean in every way, in my opinion, especially for a guy with my build (thighs too big to fit into the 19cm jeans, but not big enough that I look like a bodybuilder), as they make my legs look long and slim. I hemmed mine to 33.5" which is the perfect length as they bunch up just a little bit at the bottom.

minya where can i go in toronto to try on dior jeans?

I believe Holt Renfrew will be carrying Dior Homme starting this month. No idea if they ordered any of the jeans though (I presume they must have given that the jeans are probably the most popular item DH produces)

otherwise, nowhere -- I mailordered my pair.

Honestly, I think you'd be better off with a pair of the Japanese. The Japanese 21cms are quite a bit slimmer than the Italian 21cm's. They are pretty much the perfect jean in every way, in my opinion, especially for a guy with my build (thighs too big to fit into the 19cm jeans, but not big enough that I look like a bodybuilder), as they make my legs look long and slim. I hemmed mine to 33.5" which is the perfect length as they bunch up just a little bit at the bottom.

easier said than done -- i was excited as hell to have found these italian 21cms in 30".

really tough to find these fuckers and not drop like 3 bills