New Jeans ?

maxpayne

Hi folks i'm new to forum so hello. Now after being a proud owner of some great jeans over the years(LVC levi's, Evisu, Lee101B,Lee 101) I am now on the hunt for something new and Edwin ED-47 Rainbow selvage has caught my eye. What do you people think

YES or NO ?

CHEERS!

there's the ed-69 cut in rainbow, i have both the 47 and 69, both made in italy (whatever that may mean...)

47 is way low like you said but the 69 has a higher rise and is looser all round but the bottoms are still the same size, just try a pair on and you'll see instantly:)

The 'Italian' Edwins like the ED-47 with rainbow selvage have a totally different denim than for example the Nashvilles with Japanese selvage. The Italian selvage has a lighter colour blue (nice) and feels much lighter after the starch is gone. The rise on the ED-47s is quite low, comparable to New Standards I believe.

Hope this helps.

thanks - I think the Japan made ones might suit me better, just because I like the thicker denim that they use (for example on the Nashville and Greenville series) whereas I found the Europe ones a little too thin denim for my taste.

The Sen series might be of interest to you, they're made made from Japanese denim in Japan. The rise is longer than the ED series and the denim has a wonderful deep blue colour...

(Photos tomorrow if you want)

I phoned my jeans supplier today and they told me there ED-47 Rainbow selvage denims are made in Italy and like sneakeraddict said the greenville denim is made in japan. So are their any ED-47 rainbow denim jeans made in japan. Because if there isn't i will get the italian ones.Oi polloi in Manchester stock both .

it does, and it annoys me to no end (since I have a pair of ED 47... and Edwin came up with it first!!!)

Personally, I feel that the Japanese made Edwins are a hardier product, but if you're looking for a more "fashionable" cut and style, the Italian made ED series are not bad. The ED47 cut is very similar to a Nudie RR, I'd say... but the denim is a bit thinner.

yeah i have seen numerous people wearing AE jeans and have had to ask what they were because i couldn't believe that they were edwins. Edwin should threaten legal action, especially after the whole Levis vs. Sugar Cane arctuates thing, and win one for the japanese denim.