The Year Of....

valastexile

Hey, what's up everybody? I have some fresh selvedge denim news... wanna hear?

Tony Magnetic( Designer, Fashionisto, etc) is set to release his first denim line really soon, how soon? I don't know, but soon! The line is branded " The Year Of " and believe me even if you don't like the design you can't deny the quality.

The first denim collection will be availiable in 10 styles with no more than 144 pieces per style, in other words it's extremely limited. Every piece is selvedge ( even with their own rainbow selvedge) and features real gold or silver thread at the shank closure.

The packaging is even fresh, it's a custom metal wine box style from old Warhol art!

Check them out http://www.theyearof.net/

Youre a little late..someone already posted a thread about this a while ago

I didn't see it...sorry I tried:(

Anyway, I personally don't like the complexity of the jean design. I hate graphics on raw denim. A.P.C., Nudie, Edwin and others that use the simple approach in there raw denim fit my taste much better. I just like the quality of denim work in these jeans.

P.S. everybody trying to clown me for being late on the post is lame, it's not spam...get a life. I just come on this site for info and to learn not to get dissed by a bunch of chumps, STOP TRYING TO ACT ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY - Real tatse makers don't stay on internet forums all day trying to clown the first guy who makes a mistake...on that note I'm logging off

i can, and will deny quality. i am not saying quality is bad, but it sure isn´t on pair with the brands we talk about over here. i say this because i read on the hundreds blog that the denim comes from the same mills as the hundreds "paint jean" and the denim on those didn´t look specially nice.

the cut looks sawful also.

the designs on the backpockets and such, suck big time.

so, no, it is not a big denim news and we are not excited about it.

P.S. everybody trying to clown me for being late on the post is lame, it's not spam...get a life. I just come on this site for info and to learn not to get dissed by a bunch of chumps, STOP TRYING TO ACT ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY - Real tatse makers don't stay on internet forums all day trying to clown the first guy who makes a mistake...on that note I'm logging off

real "tatse" makers also don't get their feelings hurt on an internet forum.

you fucked up, take the heat like a grown-ass.

please don't log in again.

vala...

Didn't want to bs more but you called me out by name....

Ok, you don't work for year of.... but u must admit you wrote it like u do:

heavy on the jocking. HEAVY! & now you claim u don't even like the jeans.???

+ the fact that you were late has no correlation to spamming.

They are two completely separate comments.

The funny thing is i like some of those jean designs. bahahahahahahahahaahahah

Real tatse makers don't stay on internet forums all day

sooooo true, I can't stand listening to "real" taste makers, if I thought taste makers were on superfuture i would never read it. btw I can't stand the terms "taste makers", "cool hunters" "early adopters" . . you can't explain style and taste via statictics and marketing plans, It really comes down to how honest one is about their denim (or whatever they're into), no one on here except those that get flamed are actively trying to infuence taste.

vala...

Didn't want to bs more but you called me out by name....

Ok, you don't work for year of.... but u must admit you wrote it like u do:

heavy on the jocking. HEAVY! & now you claim u don't even like the jeans.???

+ the fact that you were late has no correlation to spamming.

They are two completely separate comments.

The funny thing is i like some of those jean designs. bahahahahahahahahaahahah

Listen man, This internet back in forth stuff is lame, but being me I must fight to the end when I feel I'm right. First off I never claim to love the jeans I just said "The line is branded " The Year Of " and believe me even if you don't like the design you can't deny the quality." Just because I write with vigor doesn't mean I liked the jeans, it just means I have writing skills. I admit though, I love the quality and concept...it doesn't mean I'm going to buy a pair.

Personally I just wanted to make a post that would excite the forum, but if I knew every lame would crawl out of the woodwork to bash me for a mistake I would have not made the post.

Secondly addressing Artificialsky, who are you? You're what I'm talking about when I refer to "High and Mighty" and "Tatse Maker". I never claimed to be a taste maker, I was using that word in context to people like you who think they're better than people. Like I said I just registered to this site to talk about denim and learn a little something. Next time don't jump on the "Bash a poster bandwagon", get some manners. And my feelings aren't hurt, I just won't let somebody trash me if I feel it's not deserved.

So in the end if you're going to have it out with me over a comment and agree I should never log on again like Artificialsky, cool. But if you realize this is just a forum and I was just trying to contribute and can find it within yourselves to forgive me for such a earth shattering mistake like being late on a post even better.

P.S. A sincere thank you to all the posters who just informed me I was late and keep it moving.

i will say it again so you understand it.

quality of the jeans sucks hard compared to stuff we talk about in here and the cuts are just plainly retarded.

I guess I'm just a sucker for lost causes, but why are you so rude? Who taught some of you guys to speak for the majority? Some people might like the denim and some may not. You should learn to put disclaimers in your post like" I think " and so on. Style is whatever someone feels is hot, not what somebody on superdenim says to like....get a grip on reality.

I like A.P.C., Levi's, Nudies and so on, and I talk about them too...so what! The way you speak will turn many off to what this site is really about, "Information Exchange". Not a bunch of kids who think their tatse is the law.

i think valastexile has a point...unless you're pacioli and you run a blog reporting news from the denim world, and a reliable source tells you that the jeans are terrible, i'm don't think this much bashing is in order.

evisu eu sucks, but people hate on just about all the evisu that gets talked about here, there's always one idiot going "man evisu's all about the hype and the design's just wack" - well what about evisu japan, if that's crap jeans then nudies aren't even worth talking about - my point is people need to learn something called the Qualifier. evisu sucks, but some evisu is good. greentea has a handle on it...the jeans are loud but hey, nice website and nice photography. no need to smash his head in.

These jeans look o.k. as far as denim quality, and I like the fact they are trying to be different. However, the baggy wide-leg fit and over-the-top embroidery on the back pockets just doesn't look cool and its definately not tasteful IMO. I thought these big back-pocket designs went out in 1996 after the rave jnco and kikwear phase kids were on died out.

But I guess with evisu, Red Monkey Jeans and now The Year of....there is a market out there for this stuff.