rent $$$

Guest bikesearcher

Guest bikesearcher

recently moved to nyc and realized just how fucking expensive it really is to live around here or anywhere.

for those in the city, and those in other cities,

just curious

how much do you pay for rent?

roomates?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

philadelphia mortgage: $1300 for 1200 sq feet (2 bedrooms, finished basement)

I paid $1250/mo rent previously for a split level one bedroom w/ washer/dryer, central air, all the amenities in the most desirable part of philly

in the more "trailblazer" areas of philly, my friends rent a warehouse with 3 loft bedrooms for $700.

i live on 73rd street and york avenue and paying 2400 for a 3br

standards is cruel compared to what i am paying for

welcome to the middle of nowhere.

Hands: I don't like leaving my fucking counry, except for nice sandy beaches where they serve you cocktails with little straw hats on them.

Doug: But we have sandy beaches here.

Hands: So, who the fuck wants to see them?

snatch.jpg

rent in richmond, va is pretty great...i pay $250 for a bedroom in a large, centrally located apartment... one bedroom lofts here go for about $600

rent in richmond is pretty sweet. grace street can be shady but the apartments there are so spacious and full of all sorts of interesting characters. lots of great places in the fan to live in.

i live around va beach, and the rent here isn't bad at all. 3 bedroom townhouse split 3 ways adds up to $410 a month for me.

Minimum wage isn't going to get you appartment in NY, let's put it that way. That said I assume there's got to be affordable housing somewhere in the city for the right socio-economic set, though that's probably concentrated in other burroughs.

im in a 3 bedroom house with a little apartment behind it... 1000 a month, but im only paying 195 a month. ill be moving soon tho, 3 bedroom house for 750 a month, probably well over 1000 square feet.

of course, this isnt the nicest part of jacksonville, but its not ghetto either. no crack dealers on the corner... they stay in their house here.

I live in a huge apartment on the Lower East Side in Manhattan. The total rent for 4 of us is $4200, and I pay $1050. It's approx 1,800 square feet... we have the entire floor of the building, and we have a washer and dryer in our apartment. Plus two very big full bathrooms, one of which has this crazy bathtub in it!

YA1p3fxgPL4mMfdN.jpg