Nu Gap M65

Liu Soula

I've been trying to weed out Gap and family for a few years now, but every once in a while I find something I think is nice such as the their latest M65 jacket:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=378355&mlink=17464,612781,1&clink=612781

The picture on the site doesn't really show the details well and the model + the way it's being worn looks corny. Anyway, saw it in the store and tried it on. the fit's a little on the big side but not bad. it reminded me of G-star minus the whack branding. some details I liked: double-sided vents w/ snap buttons in the back, hood zipper around the collar with no hood inside, thick canvassy shell with light padding and thin nylon lining, faux sherpa lining inside collar.

Don't think I'd pay $128 for it, but when it goes on sale I might have to cop one. Anyone else see it?

gap bombers aren't bad actually... got one off ebay 4 years ago (15 bucks?) that I still wear functionally once and a while. Gone through alot of washes and wear but still looks great.

Seriously though, that gap m65 is crap. CRAP. Hope everyone buys it though!

has anyone actually seen it, examined it, tried it on? Already know the price is steep for gap. just curious cause I was suprised by it as when i first saw the above mentioned bomber. no doubt everyone + their moms will be rocking it soon, but maybe not because of the high price?

• 2 weeks later...

I checked this out in store the other day, I'm about 5'6 skinny build, and the Small was HUGE.. Like it definitely didnt fit, too baggy and seemed a little long.. Luckily they have an XS size but the store I went to didnt have them... gonna have to go look around though, its $188 CDN here :/ Anyone have a discount at the gap? :P

• 1 month later...
I'm about 5'6 skinny build, and the Small was HUGE.

I'm 6'0, and the small just fits me. The medium was HUGE on me, I can't imagine who wears the large and extra-large.

I waited for it to go on sale, and I am quite happy with the jacket. Good fit, good material.