Who designs?

dongle

Guest Fade to Black

cultpop, i have always liked the idea of reconstructing vintage shirts for some unexplanable reason...probably explains why i'm a fan of Junya Watanabe's menswear even though it doesn't match my aesthetic, i just really like the idea/concept behind it. The first brown shirt in the above post reminds me of a vintage-themed DSquared (heh don't shoot me for this comparison if you don't like 'em), i quite like the cowboy theme. The others kind of remind me of Undercover's t-shirts with their worn-in feel containing cultural references.

i made up a few tshirts to sell for depARTment at pitchfork fest this year. mostly just vintage shirts that i cut apart and reassembled.

i know, very 2004 right?

go easy guys...

better than printing up a bunch of shitty designs that have been made with a photoshop filter..these look really cool though...reminds me of late 90's hardcore shirts for some reason

hey, thanks guys!

i was more or less happy with how they came out considering i only had two weeks notice.

hopefully the next round will turn out better.

i actually gave the "wind beneath my wings" shirt to angus, lead singer of the liars, who i met after they played. definately the highlight of the weekend.

I don't have anything up here yet because I just started it today, however I decided to blog about my experience as a menswear design student.

People tend to ask me a lot of questions, so I figured I'd show them what I go through.

I will be posting shortly my design process as well as me preparing for a very very good internship. I don't want to say with whom yet, I don't want to jinx myself :T

but bookmark and comment!

http://www-peter-gray.com'>

http://www-peter-gray.com

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Your first link is busted, use the one in his signature.

Edit: good luck with that Mouko, I've been pretty seriously considering a "fashion" school for some time, it'll be interesting to see what your experiences are, especially since we're both interested in menswear primarily, it sounds like.

Good luck with the internship.

im not much of a designer, as of yet, and i dont really wanna get into marketing or anything...

but i do want to start printing my own tees, im tired of paying for stuff anyone else can buy. if anyone wants to go in with me and design some stuff and only have a few shirts printed, some for me some for you let me know.

As soon as I get back to school, I'm going to start working on designs for two new series of works.

For the first I'm working with a photographer friend of mine to show photos paired with (screenprinter posters) of purely graphical interpretations of said photos. I think the first series is going to be broken objects. Concept is sort of so-so, but I think it'll turn out nice, he's a great photographer for a high-schooler.

Other will probably be another line of shirts using nothing but shapes.

Pretty tame stuff overall, I'll probably post it in supertrash to be thoroughly mocked when they're done.

mouko KEEP IT UP! Man I so want to pick your brains about your descision to go to fashion school and how you managed to do it!

Thanks for the support. My goal is to show people sort of a first hand view of what its like to be overworked and underappreciated in a super saturated market.

All kidding aside (but not really), I figured it would also keep me in check because there are sometimes where I just don't want to do shit.

^^ Good idea Mouko and good luck with Fashion school, I know they work you hard. I quite like watching Project Runway, it's like being back at fashion school.