Superfuture Running Club

jackg

was away for work the past couple of days, 400km from home in the middle of nowhere, went for a run this morning in the bush with the kangaroos, stumpy lizards etc and was just about to post the pics but i guess i'll wait now?

Damn, I couldn't go this morning, mixing uni stuff/part-time job/friends/blogging/music/shit/.... and running I need to organise my days better than this.

Bring it on 6am (no choice my day is too long to go in the evening) run tomorrowwwwww.  :ph34r2:

How do you motivate yourself when you are really tired and went to bed late (even if you did not want to haha)?

Motivation? Apart from the obvious feel good feelings afterwards, keeping track of everything on Endomondo has really helped me to keep motivated. Prior to starting running 3-4 months ago (after doing pretty much nothing since a shoulder recon in 2001) I can honestly say I never had any interest whatsoever in running. Even when I was playing a high level of team sport for 10+ years, the old 3km timetrial was max. distance for me, however things have changed now and (for me at least) Endomondo helps keep me motivated as I like seeing the progress, times come down, distances go up etc. 

Just back form mine, I use NIke+ as Endomondo fucked up the first-3-times I used it, and sadly today I used my camera to take few pic for the instagram thing, and it put on hold my workout ... so I'm a bit sad, anyway you're right and I said it earlier, the feeling after a run worths the run.

renewed my soccer reffing license last month and have been doing 6-7 games each weekend. wasn't expecting it to take such a toll on my knees from the hours of standing. the first weekend was brutal and i was sore for most of the week after, so i haven't been able to run much on the week days but i'm getting back into now that i've been doing for a month or so. it does give me a bit of a sprinting work out, which i've needed and haven't really done much of since i've not been playing recently. it comes out to about 10-13 miles a weekend from the data on my garmin. it's funny to look at on the map because i've just been the assistant referee in every game, running on a 50x2 yard strip of grass on the sideline, so it's just a bunch of scribbles going back and forth.

tjd9.jpg

got some new wheels yesterday, first pair of shoes I've actually had fitted properly, video, gait analysis etc and not bought aesthetically....mizuno wave rider 16 

Edited by jbanger

peeps! send me your email addresses for the dropbox we are on next week (21st of October). I would like a nice mix of trails/city/mountains/gear/gyak/running biddies etc etc. lets make this a good one. 

anyone else? We start on Monday!

idk what happened, i was bored tonight nothing to do on a saturday night (wtf really) so i went for a run , i just got back, last an hour ... and I can say it, i am very proud to achieved this after a very long/hard break , i felt that the pb still from my right kneel but it went well and I could have gone for more, i wanted to. But one thing at at a time. 

I took some pictures for the instaweek

i used to run ~5 miles / day but i've been on a break for the past month. my knees have been hurting since i went on a 6 mile run a couple of days after i changed my running form. 

my cadence was too low and was constantly doing "heel-first" so i decided to up the cadence, which supposedly corrects poor running form. i had been running long distances pretty regularly so i thought it was ok to do my usual distance. i have no idea what happened but i developed weird discomfort in the patella area. took me a month to get over this. anyone had this problem before? with proper running form, shit shouldn't hurt. 

i had to ditch nike frees because I was running long distances @ ~7.5 min / mi. 

Edited by herpsky

cool, free runs are in. i've never had a shoe fit this well....

weather here is perfect 70s, first run was emberassing i ran in new balance 996s because I didn't have anything else and.... :(

commence official training for 2m!

Edited by insted

wish i had photos to show but i can't stand carrying anything while running, except my keys. especially a big phone with a 4.7" screen.

think i've decided what my next shoe will be. only problem is the company is so small, nobody within 50 miles carries the brand so i'll have to order them without trying them on. :/

A1223_Green_zoom.jpg

^ dangerous move rob! maybe shoot the place you are buying from an email re: sizing/fit etc.

Ok club after my extended leave of absence I am back. Going to do the Two Bays 56 in Jan and figured its about time to start logging some kms again! also uni has finally let up a little bit and I will be done completely in around a week. 

anyone else got race plans for the new year??