how do you wear your scarves?

will_i_am

eh.

sorry this is kind of a dumb question but just wanted to see how some of the people here* wore them. i usually just wrap it around and pull thru once but i was online and saw

05.jpg

is he just wrapping it around and around, cause i tried and it looks retarded. is there an actual technique? help?:D

i usually wrap mine aorund the neck once but with a sheerer scarf i'll sometimes knot it once (like this but lower and more loosely)

bit of a derail but any recommendations on obscenely long solid color scarves?

like a white grey or black affair that you could wrap around a few times and still be past waist level on both ends

It depends on the scarf. I usually wear my old undergrad scarf, which is very long and very thick, so the Alfie method doesn't work. For that one, I wrap it one and a half times round, so there's a bit under my coat at the back, and another end in front.

If the scarf is thinner, then fold it in half and then loop.

Ususally I do the "fold in half and through the loop" way, but if its really cold out and I want to protec' my neck, Ill put one end over my shoulder (like halfway down the back), wrap around my neck and chin a few times, the throw the other end over the other shoulder (again, like halfway, so it doesnt move). Then ill put on my jacket and it looks like the guy from the firmament pic.

Ps. Are you sure hes wearing a scarf and not a bandanna? It looks to me like one of those palestinian wrap things that everyones been talkin about lately. Theyre not exactly scarf like, are they?

I fold it in hald and stick the free ends through the loop. My girlfriend knits a lot so I get to go to the yarn store and pick out whatever I want and she will knit me a scarf. Its pretty bad ass in the winter. She made me a crazy long one that is grey and maroon(is that how its spelled???) vertical stripes. I love it.

I wrap mine the most common way (I assume it is?) which is to fold it in half wrap around your neck and run the end with the "split" ends through the loop.......like this (if you can see)

24mrtwo.jpg

yea that's how i've been wearing mine. i really like the way that wrap way looks though.

today1.jpg

eh. biggles from wdywt. i pm'ed him asking how haha.

p.s

picture1rh4.png

tony ja had a sick one in tom young goong

i usually wrap mine aorund the neck once but with a sheerer scarf i'll sometimes knot it once (like this but lower and more loosely)

like a white grey or black affair that you could wrap around a few times and still be past waist level on both ends

If you're still interested in this, I knit like mad and could make you one. I can never decide what to knit, and doing it fr others normally keeps me good in projects.

How do you tie that knot? It looks quite good.

• 6 months later...