looking for "destroyed" t-shirts.

magus1234

I'm a big fan of holey/distressed shirts if done right. Some of my favorites are the original morphine generation lines you already mentioned. However, the drawback to these is that they eventually tore damn near to shreds on me, especially if the shirt itself was more fitted. My all time favorite distressed t-shirt is by Mastermind Japan, and features a black skull and crossbones on plain back cotton, full of holes. What I like about it is that even though I have had it for over a year and worn it many times, none of the holes have widened or altered in the slightest bit. Also, there are a few holes around the neck that are ideal for showing off a chunkier metal/tribal necklace. I haven't seen any of their newer seasons featuring this level of distressing, but I see one or two pieces in this style from Mastermind every few weeks on ebay...it's worth looking for.

As an aside, a lot of the punkier american designers go for the frayed seams/edges (deconstructed) look, but I haven't seen any I liked since the early Morphine Generation.

I'm a big fan of holey/distressed shirts if done right. Some of my favorites are the original morphine generation lines you already mentioned. However, the drawback to these is that they eventually tore damn near to shreds on me, especially if the shirt itself was more fitted. My all time favorite distressed t-shirt is by Mastermind Japan, and features a black skull and crossbones on plain back cotton, full of holes. What I like about it is that even though I have had it for over a year and worn it many times, none of the holes have widened or altered in the slightest bit. Also, there are a few holes around the neck that are ideal for showing off a chunkier metal/tribal necklace. I haven't seen any of their newer seasons featuring this level of distressing, but I see one or two pieces in this style from Mastermind every few weeks on ebay...it's worth looking for.

As an aside, a lot of the punkier american designers go for the frayed seams/edges (deconstructed) look, but I haven't seen any I liked since the early Morphine Generation.

I think we are coming from the same place here, cause I hadn;t seen very many well done jobs till a I recently stumbled on mastermind, then I was like "oh shit! someone doing it rite again."