LVC 201 with leather patch?

nairb49

But its a great version. The red line cone mill denim is some of my favorite on LVCs. Made at Valencia St 555.Theres also a photo in the booklet that came with the jeans that show an original pair with a leather tag. Plus they have a buckle on the cinch that doesn't easily break.

I have two pair actually the well worn pair are on ebay right now and a two rinse pair. The darker two rinse pair are on the left in the first and second photos.

IMG_7205.jpg

IMG_7207.jpg

IMG_7210.jpg

IMG_7209.jpg

Heres the link for more photos

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&item=150019638586&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I have a pair of 1929 201xx with the white patch. Those have the 9oz greencast blueline selvage.

I believe the 1936 buckleback redlines with leathre patch were called 501 when repro'd but were actually 201s back in their day(?) and have the same heavier 12oz (?) denim as '47s....at least that's how I understand it.

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see my more worn pair is getting up there in age and no signs of any of that. The two rinse pair are actually starting to get pretty long in the tooth and are still rock'n. I will add DO NOT wash them much at all. I would recommend only cold rinses and only then when you can't stand'm anymore.

I really like mine. Allot of die hard LVC collectors search'm out and they are going for pretty good prices on e-bay right now. The denim from what I've come to understand is natural indigo so they fade very slowly if you don't wash them. Also some of the early LVC cone mill redline selvage. My two rinse are still bleeding(blue hands) and are several years old.

Yeah the 555 Levi's 201xx has for the longest time been my holy grail and I love the fit everywhere EXCEPT on my hips. I'm sure the concensus will be that as I wear them in the 'front butt' phenomonon will die down. Not sure I can endure it though . .

synthi remember these are replicas of 30s waist overalls. The originals were made to be worn over other cloths. Trim at the waist (buckle back to insure it) and full thru the seat, thighs and legs. The very things you don't like I do. They look and fit so different than modern 501s which is something I like. They (37 201s) are not as full in the seat and thigh as my 1901s 1886s or my 20s 201s. They will shirk and trim up after some soaking. It took about 7 or so on my well worn ones for them to fully shrink.