im too big

afrolatino

hmm i want to buy a pair of slim denim but im concerned about my build. im 5'7",190 pnds, and i have wide shoulders and a big chest. basically what im woried about is looking like ice cube on top and a litle girl on the bottom. what should i do, i really wanna buy a pair? do you thing it would look really bad?

I guess it depends what you call slim. Though, at that height and weight, i doubt a lot of slim jeans even come in your waist size (which I'm assuming is like 38"). If they do, just go try them on and see. If you're comfortable and not self conscious about them, then more power to you. I was, and I'm a good deal smaller than you are. Them things went straight back to the store :P

If you can find a pair of denim that fits slim' but has a slightly wider opening at the bottom(not flaired) you can achieve the look you are wanting but wont look completly off. APC rescues might fit the bill. or a pair of nudie sven's

You know your body the best. Chances are if you suspect slim jeans will not flatter you then you're probably right. You probably may be able to go with a straight leg, but not "size down" as much as some of the sf'ers here. Anything tight fitting will add weight to your upper body. I second the slight flare on the bottom, for visual balance.

guessing a w38's pretty crazy. just a hint of how slim some fellow sf'ers can be if they approximate that an avg height 200lb guy is a 38. im prolly in the same boat as you are but im like 5'10 and ~215. w32-33 and thick on top. theres a pair of greycast slim jims thats 33/34 on ebay right now if youre feeling daring. id vote for straight cut, but you could already be tired of that and want to go for a taper. the main reason i dont wear slim is because i have bulky thighs which i think is a natural enemy of the slim cut. its all about you, if you can fit it and you like it, go for it.

hmm i want to buy a pair of slim denim but im concerned about my build. im 5'7",190 pnds, and i have wide shoulders and a big chest. basically what im woried about is looking like ice cube on top and a litle girl on the bottom. what should i do, i really wanna buy a pair? do you thing it would look really bad?

First of all, you arent' that big....I'm 6'4" and 220pnds and I'm the one of the smallest of my boxing gym....

Just try a pair of Nudies slim jim at your size, they go up to 36 so there shouldn't be a problem... ( since I fit in them)

i'm 6'3" 205lbs ... I have a muscular upperbody (huge chest and wide shoulders as well) and a 34" waist... i find svens and rescues to work great... svens more so than the rescues =)

Yeah Im 5' 11" and 186 lbs. with toned legs and big chest. 31" rescues are a perfect fit, as are 33" (I think) Nudie RR's. I got a pair of JR Cali's in 32"..shits not stretching out much and definately gives me that 'ice cream cone' shape feeling..though in the mirror doesnt look all that bad. No one ever compliments them which probably means they look like hell. But I do think I'll keep wearing them especially in the fall/winter with a good peacoat. Cant go wrong with that look even when youre bigger on top. Hope that helps.

but you could spend time trying to even out your build, concentrating on paring your mass down but keeping stregnth up, and then try to bullk up more in the legs, so that you are a more even build. I'm not suggesting you were fat, but that you need to work on your body to get it into a shape you are comfortable with.