You know you're addicted...

Chicken

haha ok, some examples:

sometimes i call my 5010 6x6's "Mr. Skullhead" (from Animaniacs, remember? "good idea, bad idea...")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Skullhead

sometimes i attach a gender to my jeans too, like i refer to my Fob Factory F151's as a she/her.

meanwhile, my gf talks to Linda (her skull linda's) like how a gardener would talk to her plants.

something nice and heartwarming about you guys. :)

i guess it's kind of like guys referring to their cars as "her"s, it's kind of nice that something wrapping around the lower half of your body is a she instead of a he.

but skull 5010 can't be a her, i guess. interesting.

I was chillin' around 135 st. and Lenox, when I saw this dude with some raw selvedge denim. Mind you I noticed this first before anything else. Then I went from his cuff to his ass pocket to see what kind they were. I thought to myself "Fullcount's? In this neighborhood?" Then I finally looked at his face and realized it was a friend of mine. I would have never noticed him if I didn't stare at his jeans.

when i took a taxi to the train station. entered and sat on the platform. but seconds later i had this gut feeling telling me that something is wrong with my jeans today. it doesnt go well altogether. and i decided not to go to school then. and i took a taxi home again.

and when i wear my jeans at home and squat down to watch tv or try to find any promising positions that would create creases on my jeans.

When you always grab a 2nd pair before your out the door for work because its seattle and you know its going to rain so you grab a pair that has already gone through severe rain.

when i took a taxi to the train station. entered and sat on the platform. but seconds later i had this gut feeling telling me that something is wrong with my jeans today. it doesnt go well altogether. and i decided not to go to school then. and i took a taxi home again.

and when i wear my jeans at home and squat down to watch tv or try to find any promising positions that would create creases on my jeans.

HAHAHA this is great!

...when you're seriously considering buying a new cell phone, just because you don't like the shape of the pocket fade your current phone creates.

when what jeans she's wearing is part of your deciding factor of how hot she is, when checking out a girl's ass.
When you drag your legs when hopping fences to create authentic holes.

Hell, when you hop fences just so you can get some wear on the jeans.

guilty on all these counts. do i get life after three strikes?

I just hang my jeans by the cuffs and let gravity stretch the inseam out.

Also:

When you take the stairs instead of the elevator to get more wear on your jeans.

When you go up stairs two at a time to get more wear on your jeans.

i just read this whole thread over and there are some great examples, if i had any left today hella guys would get rep.

[edit]

i just hit up a bunch but ran out again

so did it work?

Let's just say me and a tailor had a miscommunication leaving the hem higher than I asked for. I did a cold soak and rigged my contraption up and let them dry hanging like that. I think I got about 3/4" out of it. I didn't really take an exact measurment before I soaked, but I know I was not happy with the hem job at all and after this they remained in my rotation.

I only used a bunch of soda cans to weigh them down, but I feel I could probably get a little more out of them with more weight, but if I would do that I would rig something a little more solid to hold the waist rather than 2 hangers and I wouldn't hang it from my shower curtain rod.

Also, the safety pins created a kinda "artificial chanstitch" effect with a ever so slight "roping" look left on the hem (not chainstitched). Only time will tell if it actually stays and creates a neat effect after more wear and washes. I might be concrened about this if I was going to add more weight and would probably use more safety pins and cross my fingers.

There was no unevenness in the pull or adverse effects that I could tell from doing this. I was definitely happy with my results and would run right back to this setup if I ever needed to stretch an inseam again. Hopefully I won't need to, although I will probably need to do this after every wash for this pair now...:( on the bright side it will probably make me really hold out for a wash:rolleyes:

There's my take - attempt at your own risk ;)

IMG_0095.jpg

...When your meant to hook up with that girl who's a friend of your mate who you've wanted to get with for such a long time now, and in walks your mate and the girl and you go over to be all charming and interesting and damn, he's got on a brand new pair of raw skulls(5010xx's) and thats the end of her...Fucked it up last saturday night, big style...Sure if she doesn't understand my denims, she doesn't understand me, etc, etc...

wow, denim over nookie? well, i guess i'm guilty too. when i was making my own denim jeans and jacket, i got so obsessed with it it almost ruined my marriage. then i chilled out.

...Damn, I guess I better inform my brother so, he's undertaken the same voyage as yourself, I don't think his wife will be too happy though she's a denim fiend herself so she may be cool and it ain't like he's leaving engine parts all over the dining room table! Nice work on the denim, just had a peek at your blog:D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...