RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

Good stuff.

Rigid or rinsed?

I have a pair that is the straight -leg, rigid in the same size that are nearing half-year mark soon. Idk about you, but I sized down 2-3 from what I normally wear, and down 4-5 from actual waist size.

Guest DCDenim
Good stuff.

Rigid or rinsed?

I have a pair that is the straight -leg, rigid in the same size that are nearing half-year mark soon. Idk about you, but I sized down 2-3 from what I normally wear, and down 4-5 from actual waist size.

Rigids are 2" over tagged size. Why would you size down 5???

@selviso, looks good - I also like the feeling/look of raw denim (and on a lesser note, forming heavy creases) which is why I usually stick with the same pair for only 3-4 months before rotating. I'm not really into fading.. or soft light jeans, once I have to wash them once or twice I usually just move on.

Y'all, I feel obligated to point something out. I haven't dug through the thread to see if it was mentioned earlier, but RRL does not mean rodeo ralph lauren. It's Ricky Ralph Lauren. Ricky is his wife, and RRL is their ranch in Colorado. That said, the jeans kick ass.

I stopped by the Polo Ralph Lauren store over the weekend in Chicago and checked out their stock of RRL. Some very nice stuff in this spring line including an amazing shawl collar naval coat...$780. I'll have to wait for one to pop up on eBay with one of the re-sellers on there.

Guest DCDenim
Because they fit? Retard

no... it's because you are wearing vanity sized womens jeans. Fgt

nobody in their right mind would size down 5 nor would they need to with mens RRL cuts.

before you call someone a retard, you can't even tell the difference between mens and womens jeans, that's as retarded as it gets.

Guest DCDenim

I just informed you that you are wearing womens RRL jeans, if that's not 'contributing' I don't know what is.

Shit, if it weren't for me neither Sufu nor SF would even know RRL made womens jeans.

Instead of thanking me you call me a retard... typical.

Guest DCDenim

lol I get a ton of negs and it's always from the guys wearing womens RRL jeans.

I could understand if you want to wear aprils or whatever for their fit but I don't see why anyone would want to wear womens RRLs CONSIDERING they make tons of MENS cuts that are FAR MORE flattering than womens models.. Unless you are clueless and don't know any better when you buy them at outlets or off your dumb friends or wherever you guys buy them. Some of you should try to educate yourselves so you don't make the same mistake twice because I'm sure you don't want to buy womens jeans again in the future, well I'm sure most of you don't.

I have helped a few members on here who bought womens RRL off ebay to file disputes so they can get their money back and they thanked me many times for my diligence in helping them.

On top of that, how could a real man even fit his dick in womens RRL jeans with their limited crotch/seat space, then again I could see why that isn't a problem for some guys on here like 'cheapmf' though.

Shit, do you guys also wear high heels and drag on weekends?

Guest DCDenim

I don't post here to make friends with assholes, I come here to try to correct noobs who spread around errors like soonami who says he has to size down 5 on his girl pants

So, when a noob comes here he will take his advice and order a pair 4 sizes too small and be left holding his dick thinking 'wtf I listened to this guy with all this rep power and he fucked me over $200'

stop trying to justify spreading around bad information just because some of you like to let out your inner homo doesn't mean all of us do.

Um, sizing down from your actual waist size is the reality in denim. If you don't do that, then you don't know what size your actual waist is or aren't wearing jeans that fit. Jeans stretch so if a jean is marked 32" is actually 34.5" or 35" and will stretch an additional 1 or 1.5 inches then that's how someone can wear jeans that are sized down 4 or 5 inches from their actual waist.

Other jeans I own that are similar sized:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=4076&category_id=&manufacturer_id=43&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3062&category_id=&manufacturer_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

As for the comments about wearing women's jeans. If I am wearing women's jeans and they fit fine, then I'm not complaining. But it is doubtful that I'm wearing women's jeans just because a 32W that measures 34-35 inches would be like a size 16 in women's sizes. Furthermore, the front rise of 11", back rise of 16", and enormous pockets seem to suggest these are men's jeans

lol I get a ton of negs and it's always from the guys wearing womens RRL jeans.

I could understand if you want to wear aprils or whatever for their fit but I don't see why anyone would want to wear womens RRLs CONSIDERING they make tons of MENS cuts that are FAR MORE flattering than womens models.. Unless you are clueless and don't know any better when you buy them at outlets or off your dumb friends or wherever you guys buy them. Some of you should try to educate yourselves so you don't make the same mistake twice because I'm sure you don't want to buy womens jeans again in the future, well I'm sure most of you don't.

I have helped a few members on here who bought womens RRL off ebay to file disputes so they can get their money back and they thanked me many times for my diligence in helping them.

On top of that, how could a real man even fit his dick in womens RRL jeans with their limited crotch/seat space, then again I could see why that isn't a problem for some guys on here like 'cheapmf' though.

Shit, do you guys also wear high heels and drag on weekends?

what... your pussy sore from the neg rep? i only have one pair that may be womens, and its only cause my girl bought them and after some alterations they fit pretty good.

anyways, why are you into rrl? i get the feeling youre either a hypebeast or a reseller.

my only experience was a sample pair I had with the mens zip fly is they use lighter denim (possibly 12.5 vs 14oz), blue line selvedge, no hidden rivets.

I, and judging by this thread I'm not alone, have tried telling you both here and on the other SF that there are several different generations of RRL. Your experience with the label is new which is why you repeat facts that only apply to the past few seasons and not necessarily to the jeans others have had for years.

Universal zippers were fairly common a few generations ago (MIJ) until the brand decided to all button fly years ago (which feels like it coincided with bringing the actual manufacturing from Japan back to the US or L.A. to be exact.) The denim isn't lighter, it's blueline, has hidden rivets, selvage coin pockets, and the only branding is a embroidered logo in script either on the back pocket, the coin pocket, or not at all depending on the cut.

This generation was also known for its oversizing; whereas today the cuts tend to be 1-2" more than tagged, they were 4"~ back then. Yes, we're talking mens cuts. Womens had drastically shorter rises.

Well, I'll let you get back to your neg rep.

All slim fits will have 5 buttons so will the low straights. there is just less space between the buttons.

the slim cut and low straight will have a 10.5" rise on a 32w. You guys wearing your 8.5-9.5" rises on 32w are just wearing large womens jeans.

there are a few other things such as the way the pockets are laid out and the way the denim is cut that makes it easy to tell.

Slim Straight is an exclusive womens model, Slim Fit and Slim Bootcut is made for both.

uh, hate to break it to you but the men's unwashed slim size 31x34 only has 4 buttons. i got mine about 3 weeks ago. if you go to the rrl store on melrose, ask for a 31(pretty much non-existent), you'll see that there are only 4 buttons. not women's jeans, i assure you.

and in terms of sizing, the 31's, from the rrl store, measure 16.5" or 33" at the waist. only 2" larger than tagged size. the rrl's at farinelli's and other stores seem to require a 3" downsize, where the one's at the rrl stores only require a single size down or 2 for a snug/tight fit.