denim in the wilderness...

mopar_jj

Picture016-1.jpg

Picture015-1.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

Pair of Vintage Levi 646 I got on Ebay, I bought 2 pair and was going to sell the other, but I decided to hang them outside

Put these out on 08-01. In an area with excessive wind, rain, sun, etc.

Any input on:

How long to leave them out

What to do with them etc

They are at a remote location so I will update every few weeks

Mjj

P.S Sorry bout the size of the pics

Nice nice..is it a private property?? or just public?

wouldnt ppl will just steal ur jeans??

put it out for 1year, wear them on a special occasion...and hang it back out for another year...so on and so forth until 10 years later :D

They are in a remote area, I dont expect there will be anyone to bother them, its a semi-private area. I am hoping the sticks and twigs around will give some abrasion.

There is also a stream located nearby. I was thinking about putting them in the water for a while.

yeah

i agree, sure it would look cool with a bunch of random fades. but if it was on a manequin you would get sort of random fades to fit an actual leg. then after you wash them you can actually wear them.

i have a feeling they might just turn out like those burried jeans if you just leave them there hanging

my vote MANEQUIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn,where do you live?

I wanna know too... so I can steal those jeans. ^_^

so a random denim freak is walkin in the woods and comes upon this what would he think?.......

"the denim gods have showed me a sign!"

he goes back every week to praise it and then one day he finds out its some denim nerd from superfuture trying to do a project and about 6 months into it he jacks them and gots a really cool fade on the jeans for free.

location.jpg

LNG: those 517s you are talking about are about 10 y old, only diff with those is they were made in japan

These jeans are size 36, and are located in somwehere in Canada!

I tried this a long time ago with a pair of cutoffs, but they were already faded and got more of a bleached look than if they had still had color

I can only imagine the posse of racoons that will piss on the bellbottoms for shits n giggles ..

like " oh this is what humans wear - here's our chance to chrissen <sp> deez joints "

Hey all -

Going on inspection possibly tomorrow. Need some advice:

The jeans have been hanging out in the elements for 9 days now, and I am thinking about throwing them in the stream that is nearby. Its a small stream and I can tie them to a tree or something and let them float in the current. I am debating on whether or not to do it. There is little possibility of losing them so thats not an issue

Comments/Suggestions?

PS I am also considering towing them behind an ATV on a gravel road for a couple miles, but that will be after I get some of the color bled.

I'm guessing some escape convict is gonna stumble upon your jeans, discover it's a perfect size, and be the coolest styish motherfuckin fugitive on the run. Then he'd be like into boots now.

You know those 'messing with bigfoot' commericials? How about messing with bigfoot with those jeans. But really, when he gets close, realizes that they are Pelle Pelle jeans whilst the three guys from the commercials are laughing in the bushes. Bigfoot proceeds to flailing in anger.