Altering a Jacket

masuerte

I live in L.A. and I really want to alter alot of my XL jackets. All of them are just way too big for me now around my waist and chest and the arms are baggy. I am 6 feet tall and lost a good amount of chubb these past few years so all my XL jackets seem kinda baggy on me now. Unfortunately I've bought a few L jackets but they're arm lengths are just too short for me.

I'm scared to buy any more jackets in an L because they might turn out the same... so I've tried getting jackets like Yoko Devereaux in XL (again, too scared to buy it in L... I don't like doing returns) unfortunately those have also grown pretty baggy lately.

I've been thinking about maybe just getting 'em altered someplace. Does anyone have any experience with finding a good tailor to alter jackets and how much it would cost. I'm really curious as to how much it would be to tailor a jacket that already has lining.

if you find a good tailor they can alter pretty much any sort of jacket, I had a leather jacket that was too big and it cost $35 to take both sides in 1", and it also had a lining and everything.

I dont uderstand how L jacket can have short sleeves though, I'm 6" and I can wear S in some brands, usually M..