Anyone have any photos of Dior Homme suits?

rirawin

I was wondering whether or not people have any photos of the following Dior Homme suits, i.e. views from behind. They don't have to be catwalk photos, as you can see I already have those.

diorsuit01.jpg

diorsuit02.jpg

diorsuit03.jpg

diorsuit04.jpg

N.B. The photos are hosted on my webspace.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, or could either PM me with links to more photos, as I understand that hotlinking off other sites isn't allowed here or email them to me that'd be greatly appreciated.

the suits are just under 1500, there is one vent on the back of the jacket, mine at least was. The quality of construction is more than so-so I'd say about on par with most suits in the 800-1000 range, except for the fact that it's pretty hard to find a suit cut that way, which is the appeal obviously.

I assume a great tailor could replicate it for considerably less

I think the DH suits are roughly $1500-2000? That's about what any basic off-the-peg suit from a big name costs at retail.

Dior is pretty much all about the cut/construction with a mind for fit, isn't it? He isn't really using supremely lux fabrics nor does he really care too much about shelf life of these things. In any case, unless you're playing sports in them, it's pretty hard to wear out a suit before it goes out of style on you.

I like looking at these DH suits too and really am holding myself back from buying one as I do need a new suit, but they're just a tad slim and wonder if it's just a bit too trendy. I'd feel it's only proper to go the whole distance and get the small-collared shirts and the skinny ties, throw in a nice new pair of shoes and it becomes a whole wardrobe re-design for me, rather than a simple addition.

I think most of these DH suits and jackets are double-vented in the back, am I wrong?

^^Mine is not vented and Im pretty sure its the same as the one in the first pic. Its a silk/wool blend and the cut is great high armholes, peak lapels, very slim, etc.

Post pics if you go through with this as I have also thought about doing a similar thing to get the look with out the DH prices.

My girl just went back to Japan and took her digicam with her, but if I can get my hands on one I'll post some pics for you later.

N.

I own a one-button version of the above suits in black. There are no vents in the back.

I have the grey one in black as well and mine aren't vented. AFAIK, they went single vent as of f/w 05 but I could be wrong. That's the first season I've seen a vent in at boutiques, at least.

Guest Fade to Black

Dior Homme makes the best ready to wear suit out there in my opinion. The one I have is from VOTC, it's a black wool 2-button suit with lurex thread woven in for a subtle glittery effect (the trousers also have this treatment)...center vent, skinny notch lapels that elongate the torso, fully canvassed. I think for the price of a DH suit, it's the best you can get outside of bespoke. The retail price was $2,195. The newer suits seem to be considerably cheaper but I haven't seen them in person so i can't comment. There were some half-lined suits from the current summer collection that were well-fitting.

Just a tad wider than Dior Homme off the rack, in my experience. A different kind of cut, though, not as straight-up-and-down narrow nor is the jacket as high cut, it's shaped more for a 'muscular slim/lean' body; fits me better. It's a great slim silhouette, like all of Costume National's stuff. Dior isn't the only label that makes slim clothing ;)

The runway shows are pretty lame, I don't like the styling at all. Same clothes as you get in the stores, though.