nsf denim

anyone w/ experience w/ these? i know they have a lot of cornball predistressed bullshit and weak looking jeans out.. but theyve teamed up with simon miller to come out with a japanese selvedge denim line.. theyve been out, i think.. and i know blueowl will start stocking them in july, in the low 200 dollar range.. http://blueowlworksh...-nsf-denim.html .. they dont look too shabby.. and jay, whos pretty on point, gives them a good review.. i dont know about nsf as a brand, or how much im down for that.. but im sure simon knows what hes doing.. anyone have a pair? seen any on the streets yet?

NSF_Denim_Raw11%255B1%255D.jpg

Edited by jus schilling

Generic crap. NSF stands for Nick Samuel Friedberg (I may have spelled that wrong but no matter) who is the designer. He's actually a decently nice guy but he isn't a "denim guy". His salesman (Matty) used to sell Simon Miller and has a relationship with him so they got advice from SM. But he's simply using cheap denim and overpricing the shit outta these jeans. Why buy these over APC, N&F, 3Sixteen, Unbranded, or any other clean but more value-packed jean?

The entire main line of NSF is made in China and super overpriced. $100 made in china t-shirts anyone? Jay may give these a good review, but that's only cuz he's sellin them...

yeah, i figured that because he was selling them.. but also figure that he usually stands pretty strongly behind what he does sell..

yer breakdowns on point.. the brand is corny.. just thought maybe the jeans may be a decent pair..

and i did immediatly think of "apc" when i heard about these.. dont know if its true, like if it says in actual print anywhere, but they made it seem like they were being made in los angeles out of okayama denim..

but even if shit was top notch.. id have a hard time wearing them with any sort of pride..

"Never losing sight of its southern Californian roots, NSF creates a modern expression of American style replete with rich textural detailing and sexy boyish charm." -nsf website..

LOL!!!!

but really.. whats the diff between this co's image and apc's??

i respect jay a lot. but i had such a shitty customer experience with matty a few years ago that i swore never to buy anything from simon miller (it had to do with defective product), nsf, et al.

oh, and yes, nsf is decent stuff but the price point for quality doesn't even compare with others in the same niche.

• 2 months later...

1 month raw. copped at venice beach sample sale for $50 (not bad at all for japanese selvedge and made in usa). Botched full leg tapering by Railcar Fine Goods (the taper went all the way up to the middle of the thigh; these were originally straight legs so it had the awkward carrot look..my fault for not asking whether they adjusted the seat) and seat adjustment by schaeffers garment hotel (SGH adjusted the thighs/seat for $35 and adjusted the rest of the leg free of charge).

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

Edited by unouomedude

• 1 month later...

1 month raw. copped at venice beach sample sale for $50 (not bad at all for japanese selvedge and made in usa). Botched full leg tapering by Railcar Fine Goods (the taper went all the way up to the middle of the thigh; these were originally straight legs so it had the awkward carrot look..my fault for not asking whether they adjusted the seat) and seat adjustment by schaeffers garment hotel (SGH adjusted the thighs/seat for $35 and adjusted the rest of the leg free of charge).

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

Are these mid weight or light weight denim? Are you noticing any fading? I ask because I picked up a pair of the light weight (about 11 oz) over the summer for $50. I've would never buy these full price and was hesitant to even buy them on sale but the fit was spot on. After a month a wear none of the creases have set in so I'm afraid they won't fade well. If that's the case I'll probably break down and get something better. I just want to get some input from others with experience first. Great fit btw.

I'm getting subtle fading. I'm probably going to do a cold soak at 6 months. NSF denim is decent. I also have 3 pairs of their washed jeans that I was planning to sell. But due to lack of interest, I guess I'll taper and keep them.

2 months old

Thanks for the update. This gives me hope although I think your pair are normal weight. I can't agree that the denim on mine is decent. Its probably the worst selvedge denim I've seen for a pair initially priced so high. Good thing I got them cheap. When I hold mine up to the light I can see little pin sized holes everywhere.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...