AAA shirts, difference in fit between versions

bron82

Are all AAA t's based on the same fit? I went on their site and they have multiple versions, different weights, combed etc. I know they make an oversized and a long t but does anyone know if all the others are the same fit, they look it from the photos but you can never really tell. Reason for this is I'm through with American Apparel, I get two washes out of their t's then they're like belly tops. I searched the forum but didnt find the info I was after. Any help appreciated.

Cheers guys

yeah they are shrinking, regardless of the fact i wash them on a cold cycle and hang dry them, eventually they just shrink upwards, you can get a bit more wear out of aa by stretching them when they are damp but eventually they just shrink upwards, the collars stretch out to, if you size up on aa then the fit is awful, really wide body without much extra length.

bron...you should probably either give AAA a call and ask them or you could order 1 shirt of each type and do a wash & shrinkage test.

i know for sure they're regular men's tee not only shrinks but fades like a bitch over time.

btw...do you have that major shrinkage problem with all your American Apparel shirts? its true they do shrink....but the fit is still good..and the fabric quite soft..and the color holds up pretty good....i still got mines for just over 2 years now...a black shirt...and it has held up amazingly..both color and fit.

although when i ordered like 300 AA shirts...some of them..like a couple..came with fuked up stitching.

reson8, yeah think i'll shoot them an email. im not worried about fading so much as im only after a bunch of white ones. yeah all my american apparel t's have shrunk, although my grey one has held up better, seems to be slightly thicker material to the white ones, and i agree the material is soft as you like but then i prefer a t thats a bit more robust. american apparel t's fit awesome straight out of the pack but i cant seem to prevent the shrinkage, the collar scoops too easy as well, im after aaa blanks as i have one with a print on it and the t is a good fit, strong collar, good weight but the label has been removed by the print company so i have no idea what model it is. cheers for the response.

for what it's worth, i ordered a bunch of american apparel T's a couple of months ago and they were all a couple of inches longer in length. very noticeable difference. called them up and they confirmed that they had changed the fit, but only for length. i don't find shrinkage to be a problem any more (though i suspect some will think they are too long). in the new fit there is no 2001 on the collar tag.

see i have those ones as well, no 2001 on the top of the tag but mine are still too short, i have a fairly longish torso and im 5ft 11 which might be why they are too small. my grey one is 2001 but is longer after i wash the white ones, i think it might be the white ones that do it, i have grey, black and lemon ones and they hold up a bit better.

the difference in fit preferences on this board always surprises me, but is one of the things that makes it so interesting. i'm 6-2 and find the new fit (after shrinkage) about an inch too long for my taste. i also found that the grey tends to shrink less.

yeah it is strange, peoples preferences, see im still slightly into the skate, sneaker scene but as im gettin older im going for a more plain, clean looking style, no logos, one wash slim jeans but with crazy sneakers, but i still like my t's with the slightly roomier fit. thats my younger side coming through. im not into oversizing my t's but i do like them with a bit of room. but i spose it doesnt matter as when i get my first graphic design job i'll probably start dressing all in black anyway lol.