Official info on US LVC Fall '06...

Shorty Long

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would advise against purchasing any destressed LVC jeans (aside from the limited edition pieces)...that's just my opinion though...they seem WAY too pricey for what you get...I think I saw a pair of the saddleman jeans at the Levi store in VA and they didn't impress me...i'm pretty sure the leather patch was plastic...stay away, especially if you can't see them in person and are considering an online or phone order

I would advise against purchasing any destressed LVC jeans (aside from the limited edition pieces)...that's just my opinion though...they seem WAY too pricey for what you get...I think I saw a pair of the saddleman jeans at the Levi store in VA and they didn't impress me...i'm pretty sure the leather patch was plastic...stay away, especially if you can't see them in person and are considering an online or phone order

DAMN!...i noticed the website didn't have smalls available soon after the jacket was put up...did the stores you talked to not have that size either?...i'm afraid a medium might be too big for me

Ok, got this jacket in the mail finally (in both size medium and small). I usually wear a size small jacket, and the medium was too wide across the shoulders and long in the arm. The size small fit me a lot better. So I stuck with the small and returned the medium.

I really like this jacket. The distressing looks pretty good, quite authentic. The blanket lining is very soft and warm. Overall the jacket looks great, it is laike a cross between the Type I and Type II jackets.

Pics of jacket with LVC 1947 501xx:

Picture011a.jpg

Picture010a.jpg

DAMN!...i noticed the website didn't have smalls available soon after the jacket was put up...did the stores you talked to not have that size either?...i'm afraid a medium might be too big for me

Ok, got this jacket in the mail finally (in both size medium and small). I usually wear a size small jacket, and the medium was too wide across the shoulders and long in the arm. The size small fit me a lot better. So I stuck with the small and returned the medium.

I really like this jacket. The distressing looks pretty good, quite authentic. The blanket lining is very soft and warm. Overall the jacket looks great, it is laike a cross between the Type I and Type II jackets.

Pics of jacket with LVC 1947 501xx:

Picture011a.jpg

Picture010a.jpg

shortylong:

No, all of the stores I contacted were sold out of size small. (And only the SF store and the New York W. 14th st even stocked the jacket). When I noticed the levis online store had the small, I immediately ordered it. Soon after that the size small dissappeared from the website. Maybe I got the last one!

• 1 month later...

I picked up the 1967 Type III jacket in the Levis store in SoHo last weekend. Really fucking nice jacket. It's a pretty tight fitting medium as it is though - almost seems more like a 38 or 39 than a 40 - so I'm a little pissed to discover that it can be expected to shrink when washed. Naturally, the salesperson who assisted me promised that it would experience no shrinkage at all, but If the chest and sleeves actually do lose 1 1/2" and 3/4" it's going to be way too small.

So what do you denim experts reckon; should I return it and see if I can find a larger fitting medium or just cold wash / woolite soak it when the time comes? (I can't bring myself to dry-clean denim. That just seems wrong.)

hey i posted a review of the jacket i just got hte medium a couple of weeks ago in the type 3, and i wrote that it fits like a larger 38 jacket, meaning when it shringks down it will go to a true 38, its really a slim fit, and since i'm shorter it works out fine, i just had to have the sleeves shortened and its a great jacket.

yeah just saw the 1967 type 3, fucking levi's stores, making me give them all my cash. the 14th street store is by far the best one they;ve got. i didn't even know it was there until i stumbled by it today. their was some real nice stuff besides the jackets too. i didn't really like the blouse, the frilly front didn't suit me, but the chance to break in a fucking sick raw big E 1967 trucker jacket, i can't say no to that.

can people who have gone through this process with the jacket shed some light on what to expect, shrinkage wise, how you broke it in, washed it, etc... is it just the same as like a pair of jeans?

if i wear a size 36 in the reg. washed trucker, do i go to the 38? or the 40?

and that bunkhouse shirt, if anyone on this board actually spends 250$ on that they should be shot. that thing is a flimsy piece of cloth, you couold make the same exact shirt yourself.

wasn't too thrilled with the shorthorn denim shirt, i've seen better, and for that price you could go to a good thrift shop and get 4 or 5 of em'

and did anyone check out those leather goods they were selling? the old style envelopes? or satchels? those were pretty cool looking.

• 3 weeks later...

just stopped by the Levi's store in singapore, and found a pair of raw cinchbacks on display. i didn't see a mention of cinchbacks in Shorty Long's initial list of fall '06 LVC denim though?

suspender buttons single needle arcuate, two horse patch on the side (same patch as airfrog's 2005 LVC 1886, but at the side instead of in the middle), but the selvedge line is a strange colour - blue and pink. anyone have any idea if this is a pair from the current lineup, and what year it's supposed to be?

• 3 months later...