Official info on US LVC Fall '06...

Shorty Long

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of the raw 47's are in L.A. American Rag as well.

picked up my first pair of the fall 47's..they have been soaked and im actually sitting at the computer with wet jeans on....lol...didnt want em to shrink too much in the wasit cause i was cutting it close as it was...

im super happy thus far. The attention to detail on these jeans is amazing.

Those 1886 jeans are very VERY nice. Actually, they look more like 1880 ones. I've not seen them before, they must be US-only (and I wasn't aware that took place in 2004). What was the listing?. The 1886 ones that made it to the UK were 501s, with patch on r/h side, yours are pre-501 the same as the Nevada jeasn. Do they have the little pliers pocket on the thigh?

FWIW, the UK/Europe will definitely have raw 1933, 1947 and 1951 this fall.

Nice pic up on the 47's kixslf, you will really like them I think, I love mine. I stopped by my local San Diego store and they have the saddleman 47s, and the fall 06 hand-rolled 1955 501s. They looked nice, but I can't buy anymore LVC cause I just dropped $350 on the 1897 blanket-lined pleated blouse!

now that you have one...what is the sizing like on the blouse??? i'm about a 39-40 chest...i usually get a 40 (M) when i buy a levi jacket

Nice pic up on the 47's kixslf, you will really like them I think, I love mine. I stopped by my local San Diego store and they have the saddleman 47s, and the fall 06 hand-rolled 1955 501s. They looked nice, but I can't buy anymore LVC cause I just dropped $350 on the 1897 blanket-lined pleated blouse!

^^ I ordered it yesterday from the new york store, I couldn't track down a size small, so I got a size medium! The dude at the store said it runs on the small side, so I'm hoping the medium will fit me o.k. When I receive the jacket in the mail I'll definately let you all know about sizing and I'll post some pics.

I saw the type III unwashed jackets. They were much shorter than I imagined. I guess Levis is saying that these jackets will shrink?? However everything I've previously heard about these said they are sanfordized (this is what Aero Leather claims anyways). Anyone know the real deal?

now that you have one...what is the sizing like on the blouse??? i'm about a 39-40 chest...i usually get a 40 (M) when i buy a levi jacket

I tried on two different mediums at the SF store and they were noticeably different sizes. I normally wear a 36 or 38 and one of the mediums was a slightly loose fit and the other was definitely too wide across the shoulders.

I think you should get the M, but if the L has as much size variation, a small L might fit you.

Good times. ;)

Hey Guys!

Just checked out the online store, they added a bunch of LVC stuff there.

They got my f*ckin 1897 jacket in size small in stock on there, so I went ahead and ordered it just now. So, I'll try on this size small and medium size I phone-ordered from the New York store, and return the one that doesn't fit.

I'm dead-set on getting this jacket in the right size. I'll keep you updated.

Paul Aero Scotland had these same 1886s/No pocket on the thigh. I never saw them in the US and this is the first pair I've seen on e-bay. I'll take some detailed shots when they arrive.

I've seen the Aero models, they were from 2005, but yours are different - patch in the middle of the cinch, and a different pocket shape, with a much wider hem on the top, also the stitching is different below the yoke (only a single line of stitching visiibe). It's a replica of the $45,000 Levi's, the Nevada jeans.

The weird thing is those are the one shape of Leiv's I would like to get in raw, yet I had no idea they ever produced them. Yours is very slightly different from the Nevada jean - arcuate higher, no pocket on the thigh, and I can't see if yours is the earlier style patch. If yours is otherwise the same, it should also have the high coin pocket, and a selvage waistband.

LOL, I know I am sounding like a true nerd here, but this Nevada design is the first pair of jeans EVER! So they're real interesting...

Hey Guys!

Just checked out the online store, they added a bunch of LVC stuff there.

They got my f*ckin 1897 jacket in size small in stock on there, so I went ahead and ordered it just now. So, I'll try on this size small and medium size I phone-ordered from the New York store, and return the one that doesn't fit.

I'm dead-set on getting this jacket in the right size. I'll keep you updated.

Oh my, that jacket is sweeet. I wonder though, is the picture online really of the replica, and not of the real vintage jacket that they made the replica to look like?

Oh my, that jacket is sweeet. I wonder though, is the picture online really of the replica, and not of the real vintage jacket that they made the replica to look like?

I think it's the production jacket (replica), that is pretty much how they look. The deepest blue in the one pictured is a little more cobalt than the real ones, but that could be your typical colorspace translation web issues (aka, It photographs the picture with the digital camera. The picture tube and the liquid crystal etc amorous glance differing depending upon the environment which is seen. Please acknowledge the fact that it is visible. -Hinoya) ;)

Thats so sick dude!!!!!

Nice pick-up on the blouse tangerine. I can't wait to receive mine in the mail!

What size did you end up getting? Do you think its made from natural indigo, or synthetic??

Thanks! I got the smaller of the two mediums they had at the SF store.

I am guessing it is synthetic indigo just because I think they would have made a big deal if it was natural indigo. But, I don't really know.

Let us know which size fits you better, when you get yours.

Ok, got this jacket in the mail finally (in both size medium and small). I usually wear a size small jacket, and the medium was too wide across the shoulders and long in the arm. The size small fit me a lot better. So I stuck with the small and returned the medium.

I really like this jacket. The distressing looks pretty good, quite authentic. The blanket lining is very soft and warm. Overall the jacket looks great, it is laike a cross between the Type I and Type II jackets.

Pics of jacket with LVC 1947 501xx:

Picture011a.jpg

Picture010a.jpg

Ok, got this jacket in the mail finally (in both size medium and small). I usually wear a size small jacket, and the medium was too wide across the shoulders and long in the arm. The size small fit me a lot better. So I stuck with the small and returned the medium.

I really like this jacket. The distressing looks pretty good, quite authentic. The blanket lining is very soft and warm. Overall the jacket looks great, it is laike a cross between the Type I and Type II jackets.

Pics of jacket with LVC 1947 501xx:

Picture011a.jpg

Picture010a.jpg