if you want to make some real repros... check out this ebay auction

Yeah.....We were interested in buying the fabric if were real, so we had the Levi's historian check out the acution! We know what the other fabric is that is setting next to the middle fabric. There is not a time stamp.....although we know alot about deadstock fabric because we own several rolls! Those are not pre-90's........

Yes, I have been informed of a very probable date of the denim to the early 90's LVC by Cone. Even though I was told by the fabric outlet that it could be older, I've always felt that because when I found it, (mid 90's) it was quite possible the denim was probably some of Levi's early LVC sample fabric from cone, regardless of what the store owner had said.

Even though I would of liked to have the denim dated to Levi's big "E" period, I'm just glad the fabric doesn't date to the little "e" era because that indigo sucked compared to their LVC denim.

If anyone here on this forum has put in a bid and would like to retract it based on this new info, I'm behind you 100%. However, I do stand by everything as stated in the auction.

And like I stated in the auction "If you're a vintage denim freak like me, than you know that a couple of bolts of dead-stock xx selvage is almost impossible to find, vintage or reproduction. You just can't go down to you're local fabric store and buy selvage denim, unless you're in the apparel industry and want to buy 5000 yards from a mill like Cone or Candiani etc."

Thanks again for the research (you know who you are)

Any questions or more photos you can email me.

Cheers,

Todd

[email protected]

You just can't go down to you're local fabric store and buy selvage denim, unless you're in the apparel industry and want to buy 5000 yards from a mill like Cone or Candiani etc[/i]."

i guess we're forgetting about sample yardage, but hey, let's not get caught up in the details.

i don't think it particularly affects the auction in anyway - cramby's still sitting on a good amount of yardage of selvedge, and cone selvedge, and dirtbucket the mystery man (or men), what sort of tell tale signs mark it as mid-90s denim? just out of curiosity.

Sorry about getting back to you guys.......80-90 mile an hour winds just knocked down about every tree on my street causing a power outage for the entire night. You guys that are looking for some incrediable fabric should bid on this auction! Hands Down the fabric on this auction is some of the best fabric out there.........the fabric that is on the end with the white selvage edge is the closest fabric out to the orginal levis of the early 1900's........(loomstate) a friend of mine helped developed it in Japan. It too is early 90's!

Thanks for the photos.......the white selvage is the fabric that my friend developed. The redline fabric is what LVC uses in their current lines......both fabrics are used by LVC. The White selvage is probably the most popular fabric usesd today... the name of the mill that makes that Fabric is Karabo Japanese.....modled after early Levis fabric. The Fabric is not Natural died.....it is pure indigo. Hope this helps!

you know the denim laundry business sounds like something pretty cool. if i love the smell of jeans and i want to roll about in denim all day should i send my resume

You'd also have to like the smell of pumice stones, resin, tint, potassium pergmagnate, sand, cotton dust, and various chemicals. Laundries don't really smell all that great.

Other than that wash houses are awesome. There is a lot of innovation going on in that part of the denim world.