SD103 or PBJ XX-005?

mizanation

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the PBJ fades better...hmm then again someone posted before that it wont have nice contrasting fades and whiskers.... mmmm anyway the quote i got for a pair of jeans shipped to singapore is like 62USD(however not confirmed yet) that would mean about 270 us shipped...darn getting expensive

Miz- Yours are looking awesome. I wish mine fit more snugly in the waist. I did a warm soak for 1 hr. Current waist measures 31 and they are size 30. I think there's still more shrinkage left.

Here's some pics to show the fit (sorry for the bad pics). Maybe I should've held out for the odd size shipment at BIG so I could've gotten size 29. But I like the fact that they fit slim but aren't tight in the legs.

NB: don't use my pics for hem/leg opening reference. They are too long and I'm stepping on them, resulting in misleading visuals.

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

so carl, how do you like your xx-005s? i'm lovin' mine so far.

Fucking loving them. I can tell they are gonna fade so beautifully...lordy i wish 6 months would hurry up, haha.

Although i did have the same problem pacioli did, in that they didnt shrink as much as i had hoped. Just means i have to wear them with a belt which isnt a bad thing. After their first hot soak im sure they will shrink down to a desirable size.

pacioli, you should do a hot soak and maybe even throw them in the dryer for a bit if you really want them to shrink. I have a size 30 as well, but I bought the one-wash ones and the waist is a perfect 30.

good to hear. I think I can wait a few months since the extra inch or so isn't that big a deal with a belt.

But I'm really considering getting these bad boys hemmed...

^^ I know. But I don't think they will shrink too much more lengthwise. But even so, if I hem I'll put in some some slack to cover. They're just way too long right now.

Either that or do another soak. Still considering..

pacioli, they will shrink a lot lengthwise when hot washed.

also, personally, i like the xx-005 to have a lot of length, so you can bunch them up around your knees and get the stacking effect close to the cuff. if you do that, you will get rid of a lot of length. you won't be able to do this if you make them too short.

That's what I'm doing. I like the length as is.

Just got a pair of my PBJxx005 in size 28. Could not even button them up! I really tried. The calves section on these jeans are the slimmest I have tried on.

Also got a pair of PBJ women's jeans for the wife, but the smallest size they had were too big.

Two misses, but luckily I bought them from BIG, i'll have to exchange and wait for a size 30. And just get credit for the women's jean.

maybe I should do a hot soak. I really prefer the jeans to strike my boots just right, with minimal stacking.

How long are yours right now? After a hot soaking (which I'm pretty sure PBJ does with their one-wash jeans) they should come out to 33" or so.

Just got a pair of my PBJxx005 in size 28. Could not even button them up! I really tried. The calves section on these jeans are the slimmest I have tried on.

Also got a pair of PBJ women's jeans for the wife, but the smallest size they had were too big.

Two misses, but luckily I bought them from BIG, i'll have to exchange and wait for a size 30. And just get credit for the women's jean.

I had the exact same problem with my 28s and my 30s fit perfectly now. I would have liked to try on a pair of 29s as well, but I'm pretty sure those would have been too tight as well. Doesn't help that the rise is pretty damn low on these too!