Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Check out these suede plain toe Alden boots with crepe soul from this japanese website, so cool!

ALDNE-46054H-top.JPG

http://www.natoriya.jp/cgis/goodslist.cgi?mode=view_detail&this_num_genre=&this_num_goods=&genre_id=00000004&goods_id=00000090&sort=

those are nice!! but almost $800? ouch.....

Okay how about some arbitrary pictures of the Tricker's factory in Northampton?

(Courtesy of Last Magazine)

trickers1.jpg

not so many weeks ago i stood almost exactly where this photo was taken, looking at the factory building. it felt odd to see it here, by a coincidence. i bought some really nice monks there!

After following this thread for several months I finally decided to order

a pair of Tricker's. They just arrived and they are glorious.

Thanks to all of you for your input and all the good information in this thread.

Here are a few pics. One with a flash and one without.

2344934843_5c9da687d5_o.jpg

2344934813_0baee74791_o.jpg

2344934733_bdb79d18f4_o.jpg

tmc-mh-ma5002-030-2.jpg

tmc-mh-ma5002-030-3.jpg

what can you guys say about this pair? any thoughts? greg? anyone?

are they better quality than whites semi dress? or what? they are cordovan btw.. anyone has it here?

what can you guys say about this pair? any thoughts? greg? anyone? are they better quality than whites semi dress? or what? they are cordovan btw.. anyone has it here?

No, but if they're in stock I might take a crack at them. Any brown colors? Toys McCoys makes boots for occasional sale only, right? Or do they construct on specail order? The last looks like a good traditional shape. But the grain looks much more like cowhide than horsehide or cordovan. Also, in spite of the very solid construction, the waist looks like it's been dyed. The color looks splotchy, not uniform like White's oak-tanned oiled leather sole material.

they have them in brown but i have no idea about anything else just the price and the colors hah! but hows the contruction ont he greg from all your experience?

Any idea who made them?

I can't see the toe well enough to see if they're russells or not. Interesting to see a boot with a boat sole.

I can imagine a boot like that done in slightly darker kangaroo would be quite nice.

Those in the first picture look a lot like Redwing's "Land and Sea" ones. They were sold in Europe about a year ago. Ebay:

Here