Ibiza & ....?

matt_nz

Am doing my first really big overseas trip. Ibiza is a place I've wanted to go for a while because I'm really into dance music so I'm looking to get out there for the closing parties 16-24 September.

Looking for: part relaxing holiday + part party + part culture shock

I'll be travelling solo and want to also visit 1 other place as well - am considering:

Barcelona (obvious choice because it's close to Ibiza but am not compelled otherwise)

NYC (a bit of everything but the dance scene looks a bit wanky)

Berlin (what's it like?)

I'd recommend all three ... Barcelona is wicked, but I have only been there when sonar is on, which has been and gone for 2006

Berlin is amazing, esp with all the mad buildings going up, and NY is well, NY... in a league of it's own

edit: and you really can't go past London for dance music/ people getting wasted

Berlin has an awesome party scene. No posh shit, no annoying bouncers, no bullshit - just friendly people, great DJs and amazing locations. If you're into the underground scenes, Berlin is the place to be.

If you do go to Berlin, do some decent research first - as said above - it's pretty underground and finding the best stuff can be tricky (well, i found it a bit tricky, ended up mainly just getting drunk and skating)

Ibiza is cool if you like knackers and shaved-head Brits clad in soccer jerseys and Newcastle tattoos.......seriously, there is ALOT of scum there. Did have some great clubs though, but it is definitely not as exciting as it was in the mid-90's.

but the northern beaches are amazing, hardly anyone there, nice seafood on the beach, clear blue water - all good

you just have to avoid certain parts for the island, and certain clubs

but, yes, there are alot of aging- dance heads prancing about when they should know better

ibiza is great if you avoid the scum.

don't bother with san antonio except for sa capella (the restaurant in the 16th century monastery, one of the best in spain. have a gazpacho if you're broke.) and café mambo for sunset. do pacha wednesday night / space sunday afternoon / dc10 monday morning. pacha vip is worth paying for if you can get 5 people together. spend your days at sa trinxa - ses salines, past the airport.

nyc is the choice of those 3 destinations, by far.