Band shirts?

Guest Airjamie

Guest Airjamie

So I totaled it up the other day and since I was at least 15 ive managed to accumulate quite a collection of band t-shirts. Numbers around 100. Anyway my question was what your opinions on them were. Do you rotate several or just stick with one? It strikes me that someone who seems to wear a different band shirt everyday is kind of like the back of someone’s car, not tot mention people who play the "who has the most obscure shirt at the show" game. As for one shirt I feel like just wearing one regularly kind of becomes an identifying feature, and makes the statement of wearing it that much louder. I pretty much stopped wearing them for this reason a couple years back and now all I wear is an old white black flag t-shirt.

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

I wear a bunch of band/artist shirts mainly for promotional reasons, I'd be at school and someone would ask me who it is and ask for a cd of them. Bam.

But wearing one everyday would be a little too much, although I wear band shirts probably 4 times a week... I should calm down on those

i used to buy band shirts, but band shirts almost always fit me terribly. The ones ive had ive sold at re-sale shops or on ebay since i never wore them because of the fit. Also, most graphics on band t-shirts are generally stupid.

The problem is, alot of bands use hanes or fruit of the loom or something, and adult smalls are too big for me, Youth Large are always too wide at the bottom, and American Apparel shirts, which some bands use feel noce but dont fit me all that well and everyone i try on seems to fit different anyway.

I really like it when bands have their own clothing line with the shirts tagged and sized for them, not just stock t's with a graphic screen printed on them. But the only bands i know who have this are Radiohead and Belle & Sebastian, and their merch is consistently better than most other bands.

my favorite is of course acdc, but that is much more hair rock than what you are referring to. but i do wear led zepplin, my favorite song by them is simple man, i sing it in the shower almost every morning.

i also am super fond of pink floyd, wish you were here is my fav by them, but my all time biggest obsession is, of course the doors.

I'm not like the 12 year olds, been listening to this stuff for as long as i can remember, it's what my mom and step dad used to sing to me when i was very young. i really love how everything was much cleaner, and i love old records, they have a sound that can never be duplicated using cds.

• 7 months later...

I have a couple of hip hop shirts .. shit like Wu, KMD, Non Phixion, Cormega, Masta Ace, ODB. Most of them I got for free from sandbox automatic, when I used to buy albums from that site.

I have a tee with Wendy O (from the Plasmatics) on it. I would like to get a Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures tee. And a Siouxsie tee.

I still wear an old Joy Division shirt made by one of my friend.

As red said it, some better-known bands (AC/DC, Led) are very much worn by kiddies, creating kind of a stigma for me.

Oh well, I still will rock a Wu-Tang joint. Saw one on this skater kid who had some moves few days ago.

Joy division shirts are one of the most replicated shirts, "worn by kiddies" as you hate, and you're even wearing a replicated one!

Once you're over the age of twenty or so, band t-shirts should not be the staple item in your wardrobe, even if you are involved in the music scene somehow. The notion of having over 50 band t-shirts is absurd. How often does a band you like truly produce a good looking t-shirt? And even if it were possible, 50 t-shirts of anything is excessive.